PDA

View Full Version : Loops with XSI Knife Tool....similar to C4D R9 Knife???

macman3d
08-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Ok. Having come from C4D I have a few questions. At first the XSI interface is a bit overwhelming....but it's all starting to fall in place now. C4D R9 introduced a new knife tool, allowing you to interactively cut and place new loops in your poly object with a specified offset between the two surrounding loops. How can I do this in XSI?

Have the XSI demo but can't find out how to do this. Any ideas?

Thanks!

DougNicola
08-25-2004, 09:50 PM
The Knife tool and the loop tool that you describe are not the same thing. What it sounds like you want ("allowing you to interactively cut and place new loops in your poly object with a specified offset between the two surrounding loops") is the Split Edge Tool (the ] key) and using the middle mouse button to split all parallel edges. Then you can open the splitedgeop ppg to adjust the position.

thedaemon
08-25-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm new at this, but select edge ring, then RMB/Subdivide. And there you go, it should have a popup menu, not sure if it slides, I am at work and not at home.

macman3d
08-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Just what I'm looking for!:thumbsup: Thanks guys.

Chinny
08-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Model>Modify>Poly.Mesh>Knife Tool (or slice)

After creating the slice - open up the operator's property page. In there is the ability to add loops (with offsets) based on your original slice

Chin

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.