PDA

View Full Version : Furturistic Mama

AlbertArt
08-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Hmm I think I may have put this in the wrong section. I had put it in WIP, but it seems more like its finished and needs real crit, so I put it here.

http://www.antelope.com/albertart/images/Futuristic_mama_CGTALK2.jpg

Comments questions suggestions?

I was told it wasn't good enough for display in the finished 2d gallery, so the MOd suggested I put it in the WIP section. :banghead:

lihnuz
08-26-2004, 05:18 AM
I would work on the feet,knes and the gun, they simply dont look good, work som on the lightning to.

McSpirit
08-26-2004, 12:36 PM
I was told it wasn't good enough for display in the finished 2d gallery, so the MOd suggested I put it in the WIP section. :banghead:
Thats one lame moderator.

Anyway... I think you should figure out where your light is comming from it seems kind of random. Keep up the good work.

http://www.gfxartist.com/features/tutorials a really good website with tuts that might help you :)

alfaeus
08-26-2004, 02:34 PM
I've been watching your posts as they bounce from forum to forum...I also visited your website. You're subject matter is unique! Good for you! As for suggestions, you may want to go more for a comic book look - especially with the shading and highlights. Right now the highlights look like a quick spray with an airbrush. Perhaps you could add in some harder lined highlights along the sharp edges of her suit.

SpaceRabbit
08-29-2004, 07:44 PM
I think were missing the forest for the trees here. Lighting isn't what needs to be thought about right now. I think you need to go back to the figure. There are some serious proportional issues to be worked out. I would recommned finding some reference for the pose to try to help in this regard. I do agree about the gun, it has no real design sense about it. Try to look for other weaponry reference to help guide you to design a weapon that has a sense of reality to it.

Indykun

AlbertArt
08-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Ah thanks for the Suggestions everyone :bounce:

I'll tweak the lighting, and even make the highlights tighter so it has a tight shininess. I checked out that weblink, very helpful stuff, thanks!

My intention with this artwork, was just to pose the character, and experiment with photoshop painting. I don't think the idea of throwing trees in the background ever crossed my mind. As for realistic design... I'm not intending for a realistic design with the gun or the character. I'm one of those people that don't like to make my stuff overly complicated with design. I like stuff simplified.

Proportionswise, can you be more specific. In case you didn't know, shes suppose to be full figured. :applause: So what is it that bothers you proportionswise? i think its a strong pose with thinks in the right place. Shes not over saggy fat, rather plus size toned.

Thanks again everyone.

AjaBogdanoff
09-01-2004, 08:17 PM
I like it until it gets down to the feet.... she needs big, supportive feet! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.