PDA

View Full Version : Transfering UVs

StylizedReality
08-25-2004, 01:09 AM
hi, I've gotten to the point on a certain model where I've animated everything, but when painting its texture I found out the arm uvs are backwards making it very difficult to match seams, I fixed this on the generic model, and I tried to use Polygons>Transfer to copy the uvs over but it doesn't work, they just stay the same. does anyone know an easy way to get the correct uvs onto the animated model? thanks in advance

lazzhar
08-25-2004, 11:53 AM
I've got the same problem and asked here :

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=137093&highlight=transfer

It didnt solve my problem so as an ultimate solution I smoothed my both models then the transfer worked fine. But becarful, dont do that untill you wanna start your rendering works.

Good luck.

StylizedReality
08-25-2004, 10:08 PM
thanks for your response, but in the meantime, I figured it out. I was exporting the fixed uv model as an .obj and would import it and the uv transfer wouldn't work. but when I saved the new uv model as a .mb file and imported it, it would work. thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.