PDA

View Full Version : still waiting

SevenString
08-24-2004, 09:33 PM
jeez, now my "3-day select" package that was supposedly shipped last thursday won't arrive until the 26th? i have an out-of-town three-day weekend coming up, and if UPS delays my shipment again, i won't be able to take the training materials with me. It's one of the few times that I actually HAVE a decent block of free time in my schedule.

don't get me wrong: i love the software and the deal can't be beat, but dammit, what the hell did i pay the extra $30 for?

JDex
08-24-2004, 09:41 PM
I would send an email requesting a $30 refund at this point... Smile... You're getting Softimage XSI.

SheepFactory
08-24-2004, 09:42 PM
i dont think the fault is softimage's but the shipping company. they are all crap , you should see the problems I am having with fedex.

Best shipping is us postal service where they drop your package in front of your door and leave.

Iysun
08-24-2004, 09:49 PM
I to had a long wait, like almost 2 weeks, afterpaying $60 cnd shipping, but it was all in UPS hands, soft coudnt do anythign about it.

SevenString
08-24-2004, 09:53 PM
yeah, JDex: I think I might have to do that. I don't want to seem ungrateful, considering the price of the software itself, but i could have paid $30 less and STILL not have my boxed set.

And sheep, i'm right there with you. UPS has led to bad juju several times for me, so I always choose the postal service or FedEx.

edit: hey, AnotherHell
i don't think it's soft's fault at this point (unless you count choosing a crappy delivery service), but soft shouldn't have to charge me extra for fast delivery, only to get untimely service from UPS. maybe if i complain to soft, they can get refunded by UPS for their costs, and then charge back the $30 to my credit card.

Iysun
08-24-2004, 10:08 PM
yah its worth a try i guess, id be a little suprised thugh if you got it, but hey you never know.

BTW did you get soft to give you the tracking number? at least you can see where abouts it is.

And I agree UPS is the worst, Ive never had problems with fedex personly.

SevenString
08-24-2004, 10:34 PM
yeah, they sent me a tracking #... that's how i found out that my shipment was delayed by UPS. says so right on the "details" page

i sent a nice e-mail to soft, explaining my concerns, and my reasons for choosing the 3-day option in the first place. i made sure to let 'em know that i was sympathetic, considering the mad "gold-rush" on their product. my tone was along the lines of letting them know that UPS was delaying my shipment, thereby not living up to their obligations to me AND softimage, and potentially causing me to have a less-than-perfect experience.

oh, i forgot. even if my package DOESN'T get delayed again, i now have to take time off from my day job to insure that i get the materials before the trip.

i guess i'll see how they respond.

Jag Panzer
08-24-2004, 10:36 PM
I actually had the exact OPPOSITE problem.

I had my wife order XSI. I got home and asked her 'Did you do the express ordering?'. I figured that based on my excitement that she would have got the speedy delivery. Nope, she got standard delivery.

But surprise... The package showed up much quicker then I expected.

BTW, SevenString, I enjoyed the tunes on your site, thats some tasty guitar playing!

Mark

preludian
08-25-2004, 02:02 AM
I got mine on monday, ultrafast and full of goodies, and now I'm on an information overkill trip, XSI is sooooo powerfull, how was I able to work without it?? I will need years to master it...Damnit 3:00 AM, have to sleep a bit...

SevenString
08-25-2004, 02:25 AM
<OOF! OW! UNCLE!>

Kickin' a man while he's down. I see how it is, now!!!

ha ha! :D

Signal2Noise
08-25-2004, 04:25 AM
...you should see the problems I am having with fedex.
Fedex. Don't get me started on them!:banghead:

Last time I waited on a package for what seemed like an eternity. Turns out the Fedex delivery guy was on some deserted island talking to a damn volleyball! I'm still steamed over that!

;)

tredeger
08-25-2004, 06:00 AM
If you talk to your local UPS or FEXEX delivery guy (the most unbiased person in the company you'll EVER encounter) he'll tell you that generally, express shipping is a ripoff. First, if an unexpected and unavoidable delay is going to happen, it is going to happen regardless of your delivery choice. Second, they don't go out of their way to deliver standard shipping more slowly than express and most of the time it will take essentially the same route on the same planes trains and automobiles.
If a delay occurs, they will generally be very good about refunding you your extra money, but you loose all the time it takes to make a customer service inquiry and several follow ups. You time is probably worth more than the extra cost. But your frustration is the most costly thing of all. So paying extra is a great way to give them money for some assurance that if they are slow, you can go through the hassle of getting your money back. Call me a cynic, buy I'd love a piece of that racket.

That being said, I am very pleased with the delivery services of both UPS and FEDEX. It is the competition between the two that keeps the quality and speed as high as it is (whether you are happy with it or not). But my pleasure comes from the service I get with their lowest cost delivery solution. Which in my personal experience has always been within the time frame of all but their overnight delivery option. I got my copy of Foundation Monday. And as far as I know, it was shipped out on Fri. Soft sent me the shipping confirmation email on Mon. after a weekend email inquiry.

Finally, KNOW YOUR SHIPPING ZONES. If you are within zone 1 or 2 of your sender, standard is almost always as fast as any other option.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.