PDA

View Full Version : Mother Care, Vijoi Daniel Iulian(techart) (2D)

techart
08-24-2004, 07:30 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/64781/64781_1093375833_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/64781/64781_1093375833.jpg)

Title: Mother Care
Name: Vijoi Daniel Iulian(techart)
Software: Photoshop

This is one of my last works.It's done from the Machineflesh challenge.This is how it looks now ..probably if I've had more time.....

I've changed the entire thinking of the image and story once with the modifyings....
The story :

future world
machines rules the underwhater world...they begin to think and to learn from peoples...
they give born to other like them via modifying machines or animals
they even take from the humans the care for the small ones

cheers

shserge
08-25-2004, 07:49 AM
Cool technique :thumbsup: Like the snake!

dgpilot
08-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Great piece! The composition is great, and it feels like there's an interesting story behind it. My crit to make this piece better is to re-work the metallic texture to make it dirtier in some spots, and shinier in others

:thumbsup:

Missac
08-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi!

I really like the metallic texture, because it has something quite organic at the same time;
this is what made me immediatey think about the machineflesh thing.:applause:

shuwan
08-26-2004, 04:49 PM
Oo...nice textures. U painted the texrures or got some pictures n did some editing to it?

siye
08-29-2004, 08:15 AM
:thumbsup: ......................................

samize
08-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Beautiful.
I especially like the robotic head design.

My crit:
It doesn't look underwater at all; too clean atmosphere.

EDT: Atmosphere, I mean... it shouldn't look like atmosphere. Erm. Well, you got it.

yellowworm
08-29-2004, 08:39 AM
mind blowing.
i love it.

i thought it was 3D at first.
your detail level is incredible.

Crimsonstring
08-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Hi Techart. It's another of your masterpieces. The snake looks great, I'll need you to help me make one too :)

tredeger
08-29-2004, 10:39 AM
I really like the way this work goes in a different direction from most of the machinefleshers. It really feels like the story here is unique and the look of the machine integration is also refreshing as well. It looks more "natural" in a sense than a lot of the other works, which tend to emphasize the discontinuity between machine and flesh rather than the symbiotic aspect. Bravo.

phoenix
08-29-2004, 10:49 AM
very impresive work... woowowo

Corto
08-29-2004, 10:56 AM
wow! Outstanding!

pixym
08-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Impressive!

giza
08-29-2004, 02:07 PM
nice tech-creature, good work.

Kael
08-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Love the detail and the textures are awesome...
man i am clueless as to how you did the big snake... lots of almost "architectural" detail!
did u use autocad? no just kiddin... exellent work

my only crit is that i have to agree with samael3d... you can only tell its underwater if you look at the water surface on top but they dont seem to be underwater, maybe inside a buble but not technically underwater... anyways i love it!

brunner
08-29-2004, 04:37 PM
Excelent :thumbsup:

(ar fi trebuit sa urmaresc challenge-ul, uite ce-am pierdut )

CoolBird
08-29-2004, 06:15 PM
dam so good how u get the texture like that???

dbluewolf
08-29-2004, 06:23 PM
darn u man.. i donno if u wanted to make that piece scarry, but i got hell scared..
i work in a place where at 12 in midnight, in whole are there is only me and me and no lights on except my room. i guess i shudnt have seen this.. now i donno how am i going to go toilet later..
darn u ...it looks very real...

*by the way, i was not just praising it.. i was real scared*

slice56
08-29-2004, 07:58 PM
sweet snake!

do you have a site?

Pau1
08-29-2004, 10:02 PM
tat stuf is realy great

HocusPocus
08-30-2004, 12:44 AM
great concept!!

nDman
08-30-2004, 02:14 AM
great paint :thumbsup:

Lotus7
08-30-2004, 02:29 AM
incredible detail!! i love the lighting also!! :applause:

nottoshabi
08-30-2004, 03:40 AM
Incredibil. :bowdown: Foarte frumos :applause:

anti-shock
08-30-2004, 04:57 AM
Very nice, amazing detail and textures. :applause:

I did not realize it was underwater until I read the description, maybe add some light rays from the top right corner where the water is would make it more clear. just my 2 cents.

Raul-Reznek
08-30-2004, 06:57 AM
bravo ma!
mai iesim si noi pe frontpage :D

e faina realizarea, imi place aspectul organic al spinarii si zona respectiva.

oxyg3n
08-30-2004, 09:15 PM
This is really interesting. I like it.

EBOLII
08-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Looks great!

RaresH
08-31-2004, 04:29 PM
Fuarte reusita...A couple of things though, Needs more atmosphere and depth to appear as though it is under water and im being a little picky when i say this but what city is NYS? I'm guessing you meant NYC. Again, very nicely rendered. Keep up the good work.

techart
09-03-2004, 07:11 PM
hi all..sorry for the late reply but I was not home for 7 days....I was in vacancy at the Black Sea:))))))))))))

didn't have time to touch a computer

thanks all for comments...glad you love this one...hope to have more time in the future to work more like this....trying to make my style yet....

few details for responding some questions:

the textures are made by hand(by drawing :))at some parts I use selections to reach the final result of the body or metals....I use selections from pictures with metals or other textures....I have a "road to final" ready but don't know where to publish it...I gues in the end I'll post the images here...from the start,from the first sketch and drawing till the end

but after the end of the vacancy.....in two weeks I gues...till than..cheers to all

Crimsonstring
09-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Welcome back, don't forget about us at cgarts

techart
09-03-2004, 07:20 PM
thanks Tredeger....I realy know what you meanBrunner...au fost multe lucrari reusite in concurs..poate data viitoare o sa si castig ceva :)))))))

Raul...my man...thanks a lot....incet incet urcam si noi ce sa facem.....pacat ca nu avem si timpul si sculele altora de pe afara...supe lucrari ai omule tot asha...am facut shi eu un model in maya...tot alien dar din pacate l-am facut in ple asha ca n-am ce face cu el...cand o sa mai am timp o sa fac alt model organic de la inceput...cheers

saw many people thought is not too underwater...whell ....you have right.....I thought from the start and said myself I better have a clean zone for better understand the forms and geomethry instead a nonclear image but obviously underwater....it was a choose I have to make and I'm not sorry......thanks for the comments peoples

techart
09-03-2004, 07:21 PM
crimsonstring...don't forget you man......un concediu pe an are toata lumea dreptul nu? :)))))

I'll be back

Crimsonstring
09-03-2004, 07:23 PM
"I'll be back" - Yeah, you do that ;)

techart
09-04-2004, 07:07 AM
cat mai stau pe langa calculatorul prietenei o sa mai pot da si eu un reply ceva ...dar de lucrat...un mare 0....cheers man

techart
09-04-2004, 07:36 AM
hey Rres...about the car number....it's something from the net...it's not made by me...so I don't know what NYS is....:))))it's from a picture..than I've made some modifyings...cheers

techart
09-07-2004, 12:09 PM
have a little bit time free so I think I'll answer some questions too

missac-I thought first to make the skin more like a snake skin or lizzard but the main idea of the contest was tha machines combined with flesh....so the result is a artificial skin wich looks metalico-organic but is more resistant,a more compact body....I'll say it is 80%machine and 20%organic after all

slice-I don't have a site yet....I have it drawn but don't have anything in common with Flash..so one of my colegs from job is gonna help me but don't know for shore when :(

anti-shock-I thought about rays too but in the end I said to myself it will bring too much details in the center of the work...
I based on my underwater image making the depth of field stronger

some asked me about a making off but can't post anything till the next week...I'm not hooooooome :))))

cheers guys

cghacker
09-13-2004, 11:58 AM
awesome work dude,love it a lot,like the snakes,and the metalic look, nice skin too,love the depth of field,how did you make the textures like that?....love them
did u have a site?

techart
09-14-2004, 08:51 AM
thanks hacker,I did the textures of the snakes by drawing it,then adding shades and reflections and the metalic look I made him by selecting colors or shades from metal textures and then coloring it...after that I did more tuning stuff to determine the muscles continuity and the final shape of the snake.

You'll see a tutorial on cgnetworks for this work and I'll explain in more words how I did it
don't have a site yet like I said but is ready to go....expecting more free time for that....but I have a gallery of some works of mine at
www.cgarts.ro
www.renderosity.com search for techart(I asume that you have to register)
cheers

techart
09-15-2004, 10:09 AM
hy guys..here are some details at full resolution...cheers

http://img75.exs.cx/img75/720/Mother-care-head.jpg
http://img75.exs.cx/img75/8094/Mother-care-small-snake.jpg

cghacker
09-29-2004, 01:33 PM
yyyooooo hey man what's up with your site? how much longer?

zilverink
09-30-2004, 03:09 PM
done in Photoshop it is very coozll.. i love it.. and i especialy like the description :D.. great man...

techart
10-05-2004, 06:49 AM
cghacker didn't make that much in the last period....workin' for 3dtotal cd's and anoter work of mine(can't wait to finish that)....so my friend with the programming busy too...my part is done....scaned all my old sketches and drawings and sort them all.....a little bit longer...sorry

iNViX thanks man....that's a cool story behind....love it myself...cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.