PDA

View Full Version : Examples and resources

mindovermatter
08-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey,

I am wanting to make the switch from 3ds max to xsi, but need some final propoganda to tip the cup.

I'm wondering if anyone could post some examples of particle animations (liquid, fire, smoke, explosion) and character animation. Short movies, or test animations.

I've found the www.xsibase.com (http://www.xsibase.com), but I'm wondering if there are other good sites with galleries and tutorials (other than the homepage).

Also does XSI have a volumetric (or hypervoxel) particle render? (similar to Afterburn) I've found the Arete tools and stuff, but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

I'm mainly looking at XSI Foundation and then eventually Essentials, so any relevant information or good ol' propoganda would be useful.

Thanks for your help.

mindovermatter

francescaluce
08-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Also does XSI have a volumetric (or hypervoxel) particle render? (similar to Afterburn) I've found the Arete tools and stuff, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I know that cebas pyrocluster will be also for mentalray under 3dsmax.. with a little of fortune we will see also something for xsi.. arete and phoenix tools vol stuff.. not quite good.

ciao
francesca

mr Bob
08-24-2004, 02:21 PM
it all depends what your doing and using the right tool for the job , and if by your post you do a lot of particle effects i would stick with 3ds max , as particle flow is simply awesome and many a xsi user looks with green eyes of envy at it .
where as if you want to do animation,modelling,rendering etc go for xsi in a perfect world and the new low price of xsi why not use both !

B

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.