PDA

View Full Version : multi-bump?

kmanning
08-23-2004, 08:26 PM
hi again, im searching for diffrent ways to set up a multi-bump shader. the purpose is to apply a normal map and a bump map. Right now I have the normal map plugged into the normalCamera of the bump node and the bump in the bump slot of the bump node. simple enough.. but im not sure its the most efficiant way to do this so I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas that I could test out

-thanks

Pixero
08-24-2004, 06:58 AM
Have you tried Francescas Bump Combiner MR shader?
http://www.highend3d.com/files/dl.3d?group=mayashaders&file_loc=bumpCombiner_v1-v1.3-.3b.rar&file_id=2996

BillSpradlin
08-24-2004, 07:41 AM
They way you are doing that is fine, you can stack multiple bumps that way by plugging bump nodes into the normal camera of other bump nodes and just make a huge chain of bumps if you want to do that. Using the bump combiner with mental ray and since you are rendering a normal map isn't going to be an easy set up. If you go that route, you'll need to go to drone.org and dig through the pages there on how to set up a shading network for normal maps and mental ray.

kmanning
08-24-2004, 05:07 PM
thanks a lot guys, im gonna test it out and compare some rendertimes. ill let ya know if what way has better results. thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.