PDA

View Full Version : You've Been Flirting Again, Florian Schmoldt, Ralf Marczinczik, Dirk Weissenbacher (3

florian
08-23-2004, 01:29 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/48639/48639_1093267784_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/48639/48639_1093267784.jpg)

Title: You've Been Flirting Again
Name: Florian Schmoldt, Ralf Marczinczik, Dirk Weissenbacher
Software: Max6, Photoshop

This is some work i did, for a great german 3d-magazine. It's already printed, but i'm always hungry for some critique. :)

It was done in Max6. I've rendered many light settings and composed them all together in Photoshop. We've tried to get away of those "typical" 3d-look pictures.(I see - You have used SubsurfaceScattering! ;)

Background is pure Photoshop.

Hope you like it.

http://img52.exs.cx/img52/7486/edition01Big.th.jpg (>> Hi resolution image <<

AndyH
08-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Cor! Thats really good!
I like the hair - makes a change from the ususal painstaking attempts at photoreal hair - nice and stylised.
Nice face, with a good expression, but i aint too keen on the elf ears! They seem like a cheap way to spruce up a render by giving it a psuedo fantasy look! Why does she have to be inhuman??
This is more a personal thing really - i dont like the whole done to death elf/ troll/ goblin/ fantasy style.

Great work anyhow - any chance of some more images or a wire?

azazel
08-23-2004, 01:51 PM
I like that visual style very much, fits the image. There's a little inconsistency between hair and the face style, but the more i look at it, the less it bothers me. :)

francescaluce
08-23-2004, 02:27 PM
wonderfull :)

ciao
francesca

KaDDD
08-23-2004, 02:41 PM
super design ! ! have you a wire or others angles !?
another caracter like this !??? finest job !)

xjgd4321
08-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Very good work !
very sexy and beautiful girl!Looking very good!

Sky_one
08-23-2004, 02:43 PM
really, really good! like the playfull fealing of this pic!

florian
08-23-2004, 02:44 PM
we were very much in a hurry doing this.
Finally it was finished in the last second. There is lots of stuff i would have liked to improve.
Like this hair-head connection. One of the things i wanted to do in Photoshop, but finally forgot.

Andy H: You are right about this fantasy fake. I'm young and need the money.
:deal: (just kidding) The magazine guys already signed the concept and i didn't want to change it completly. By the way...wonderfull LowPoly work on your site.

Thanks francesca

heres the concept done by Ralf Marczinczik:
http://img41.exs.cx/img41/9826/FlovorlageS.jpg

Wires are coming soon...
Sorry for the wrong HighRes link. I'm new to this (Just click the picture)

INTiE
08-23-2004, 02:59 PM
This girl is awesome, man! I always loved redheads and green-eyed girls, so this is my new goddess :) I really like the style of this image. Superb polygon hair - perfectly fits the style.

cowhen
08-23-2004, 03:23 PM
this rocks! :thumbsup:
very very good job.

AndyH
08-23-2004, 03:23 PM
The hi-res render link doesnt work!

I want it!
I want it now!

:cry:

Its ideal wallpaper material

EdHarriss
08-23-2004, 03:38 PM
- That's a great image.
- I really like the model.
- Maybe the neck lines seem a little harsh.
- Other than that it is great!
- I like your style.

florian
08-23-2004, 03:41 PM
thanks a lot.
Different angles are not possible. She was very fast modelled just to work in that perspective. Also she was that much photoshoped, that i nearly have to post her in the 2D-Section. As you can see on the wires, the mouth changed from "shocked" to sexy.
And because of the hurry, the hair was completed in PS.
When i get some more time i will render some "dark" version, with the help of mentalRay and all the nice highend stuff turned on.
Because of time issues it's pure Scanline.
Cloth was made using the fantastic free SimCloth. :thumbsup:
http://img19.exs.cx/img19/4165/femWire.jpg

popol
08-23-2004, 03:58 PM
really really wonderfull :love: :buttrock:

Hexodam
08-23-2004, 04:06 PM
the face looks painted :)
and that is a good thing, the hair is a bit different but it comes out realy well, only crit is the hairline, its a bit not touching the head

could I see a unsmoothed wire, seems in the iso wire you posted that the polygons are very well used

shortbuss
08-23-2004, 04:11 PM
I suppose I'm one of the few that thinks the hair style perfectly matches the anatomically stylized face.

Great work and great quick concept from Ralf Marczinczik!

Peace,

ESB

ps. isn't there a mod someone could install to keep the forum from resizing when people post large images like this. I know there is for phpbb. Just a suggestion.

theCloudmover
08-23-2004, 04:14 PM
This image is so sweet. Wonderful.

:applause:

Digital Backlot
08-23-2004, 04:15 PM
I think it's working, but the hair in the front could use a little more separation, but I'm being really nit picky.

-Joel

Maximus Groff
08-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Thanks...

I was having a very bad day - that picture make me loose my angry mood....

Awesome modeling, and by the way, if i were single someday i will never
rain check an elf lady ... :thumbsup:

Thanks again.

Groff

jacky liu
08-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Great work
Very very nice, keep is up

dwin
08-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Very nice, i like the pose :thumbsup: :)

BartokDesign
08-23-2004, 04:33 PM
5 stars , beautyful , great feeling on the colours .

:love:

florian
08-23-2004, 04:41 PM
:bounce:
Big THANKS for the Frontpage :cry:

Yes...I've just missed to correct the hairline.

Thanks a lot Maximus Groff. Thats one of the biggest compliments an artist could get.

I think Andy H asked for a BIG one.
So....big enough?

Edit: *Link is broken* Sorry for that...

I know. The bigger it gets the more mistakes you see

:argh:

KarelVR
08-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Beautiful !

She reminds me of Denise Richards... because of the mouth and the nose. ;)

I like the design of the hair, but I'm not a huge fan of its texturing. The texture/shading on the hair isn't of the same quality as the nice detailed texturing of the face.
Anyways, great job !
I'd *love* to see some animated expressions ! ;)

Cheers,

Karel

Soon2bAnimator
08-23-2004, 05:09 PM
i think its an excellent model no crits for from me....i really like how you did the eye shadow, a small detail like that makes it look all the more believable:applause:

Mysterious X
08-23-2004, 05:24 PM
that's really cute looking man !..keep it up

philthebottle
08-23-2004, 05:24 PM
To be completely honest, I missed the hairline issue until it was pointed out. It's not that big of a deal, I think.I love the hair and the way it works with the more realistic modelling of the face. I think that if you tried to go photoreal with the heair, the face may not work as well, being stylized. Who knows?

As for the image being just as much photoshop as 3D, who cares? Your modelling/rendering program is just a means to an end, as is PS. If the final outcome is what you were aiming for, what matter are the tools that you used to get there?

Personally, this is going into my "inspiration" library.

Good job on the great image and congrats on the front page!

b-lame
08-23-2004, 05:26 PM
congrats! you've achieved what you wanted - it's that tick different.
i think it's not only the color/skin/lighting, it's her face too - i like how you stylized her overall look.
IMHO, the part under her nose is not getting enough shadow - or her nostrils aren't deep enough - but thats a minor turnoff. good stuff.

übrigens: welchse 3d magazin isn des? ;)

Martin_G_3D
08-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Great job on the expression and eyes.

I've seen head models that were better modeled then yours to be honest but they looked fake none the less..

With this render it really looks like she's flirting with me, eheh

And to achieve such an expression is hard, so congrats

unwrap
08-23-2004, 05:33 PM
You could improve her nose. Otherwise she's cartoony and looks beautiful :) .

Goul
08-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah great work , her expression looks real and the render cartoony..This made a cool coktail :thumbsup:

iC4
08-23-2004, 05:38 PM
what's the name of the 3d magazine?

rattlesnake
08-23-2004, 05:44 PM
really beautiful girl man!....no crits...this is just amazing!!:applause:

AndyH
08-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the huge render! its plenty big!

You can kind of see the painted details more now - really nice blend of 2d and 3d.
As someone just said, yeah, she does look like denise richards! and thats not a bad thing!

Congrats on the frontpage!

GaryHuang
08-23-2004, 05:58 PM
nice work !!!

florian
08-23-2004, 06:01 PM
It makes me really happy that people like it that much.
Again i should mention Ralf Marczinczik for giving her this wonderfull colorkey and this very special ..."thing"

:thumbsup:

ThomasMahler
08-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Hey Florian,

I really like your work, great job! Especially the "Waytoobig" Image is awesome, you can just sink into it and feel comfortable... And yeah, she looks a tad like Denise Richards!

Kevin Sanderson
08-23-2004, 07:30 PM
Great personality in that model/picture!!! Something that is rare.

Kevin

CarlCampbell
08-23-2004, 07:49 PM
Very nice image! Nice mood generated by the colours. Funny how in the wireframe it looks as if though her mouth is gaping slightly but not in the final image. Very nice soft look, I wish you could use a better compression on the HI-RES version though... it looks a bit dirty...
DEFINATELY looks like Denise Richards, btw! And the SSS was in the shirt, right? I only think the shirt would be slightly closer to her skin over her left shoulder (our right side), it looks a bit like as if its hanging.

MFTituS
08-23-2004, 07:56 PM
wow, their she is finally. i have seen here in the creative-live magazin and searched on the dvd for some pics of her, but there were not any.

i like the soft look of the picture and her sweet face. good job you have done.

C-1
08-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Really good work, personality goes a long way.

Dennik
08-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Believe it or not, when i saw the thumbnail in frontpage, i said, wow, that must be a new Florian character! :) You got a great style my friend. I dig it a lot. Only thing that bothers me a bit, is the lack of nosetrills, but other than that, it looks awesome as always. :thumbsup:

Clockwork
08-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Fantastic Radiosity, it has such a warm soft feeling to it.

oxyg3n
08-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Nice job, I really like her expression.

ChrisColibaba
08-23-2004, 08:17 PM
This looks great! I really like the over look of the picture. The lighting is very good. My only crit would be that the hair could use a bit more detail to match the face. The stylized look is awesome!

florian
08-23-2004, 08:22 PM
hey thomas!
I love your moose! (Strange i know. But i really do :rolleyes: )
And yes. She looks a bit like Denise. That was not my plan. But thats ok for me

thanks Kevin
nice voice by the way.

CarlCambell: There's no SSS or Radiosity in the picture. At least not in the rendering. Perhaps something like that appeared in Photoshop ;)
Sorry for the medium quality of the Big one.

MFTitus: Thank you. I'm very proud. (2xFrontpage :bounce: )
But it's even nicer to get positive feedback from talented people.
(youre doing wonderfull textures by the way)

Dennik: Thanks a lot. But :D ...believe it or not... this is my first character posted here.
you must mistake me with someone. Anyway, i try to keep up the quality work.

Heber
08-23-2004, 08:27 PM
great work , i love your style and use of colours , very nice image :)

JeePee
08-23-2004, 08:44 PM
looks realy nice, tempting and i like how the shirt is resting loosely on the shoulder

great piece :thumbsup:

Dennik
08-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Dennik: Thanks a lot. But :D ...believe it or not... this is my first character posted here.
you must mistake me with someone. Anyway, i try to keep up the quality work.

Oh... Damn :banghead: , now i got it, i confused you with flo http://www.flo3d.com/ who also is German, and does characters with a similar style. Oh well...

ThomasMahler
08-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Oh... Damn :banghead: , now i got it, i confused you with flo http://www.flo3d.com/ who also is German, and does characters with a similar style. Oh well...

Strange, for a second I also thought it'd be a new flo3d character (Man, he should really update his homepage... ;) hihihi!), those two guys got a pretty simlar style. I really love it!

And Florian: Glad to hear you love my moose - Sure he'd love to date you, man! ;)

Corto
08-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Outstanding florian...
Auf die Art und Weise lernt man mal den Titelbildgestalter kennen...
Finde ebenfalls das sich die Creative Live gemacht hat...
Nicht zuletzt dank solcher Titelbilder!!!

JohnnyRandom
08-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Beautiful!:) luv the skin tones, nice wires too...

emilioG
08-23-2004, 09:38 PM
TOTAL cutie. Comp is very nice, especially the glowing leaves in foreground. The render adds a certain softness to the image which gives the impression of a certain innocence.

Will she ever move? You should.

mpolak
08-23-2004, 10:09 PM
verry nice modeling and.... i think ... all of this image. Verry nice.. really

:applause: :thumbsup:

SevenString
08-23-2004, 11:27 PM
really nice work. very stylistic.

but i don't think she's an elf at all: she looks to ME like tori amos. I think tori even has the same ears. ;)

http://www.toriamoscom.com/gallery/39_large.jpg

bRuNuShky
08-23-2004, 11:30 PM
Nice style .... the composition is great http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Flip_Render
08-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Yes, I like the look of the image as well! :applause: Could we see the un-touched-up image, so that we can learn of the process?

bigtodd
08-24-2004, 12:23 AM
Florian,

Thanks for posting the Far too big picture. I had to laugh when i saw it's title.

Todd

Pony
08-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Very wonderful. Really love the style you have also.

5 stars.

Yiorgz
08-24-2004, 01:05 AM
The flirting is all in the eyes ! They have lots of life in them.

Excellent work.

Rivendale
08-24-2004, 01:05 AM
That is really sweet, she has got a lot of personality and the image has a lot of depth.
Very nice work!:)

CML

in your sofa
08-24-2004, 02:09 AM
sometimes i wish i had more hands...just to give brilliant work like that more of these :thumbsup:

way to go!

cycom
08-24-2004, 02:12 AM
She's so cute! I like it!

Dark_ki_Flame
08-24-2004, 02:16 AM
Very VERY nice work. Im working on something similar, just a character pose like that. Doubt I'll ever get it finished though. Great work!

a1ph0r
08-24-2004, 02:27 AM
Awesome work :D

DJ-Prismatica
08-24-2004, 02:56 AM
When I first saw it I thought it was 2d, Nice work!

Sanby
08-24-2004, 04:23 AM
Me likes.

Lighting is great, but the hair is the best part. I like the fact that your didn't go for the whole realistice hair thing, it fits the character perfectly.

Bravo :applause: :applause:

Sanby

future14
08-24-2004, 04:52 AM
great CG portrait man!!! i like the eyes, full of expression....
the skin could be enhanced with some SSS effectx...

direndra
08-24-2004, 05:38 AM
good one florian ...!!!"
really nice job :thumbsup:

Tad
08-24-2004, 05:56 AM
It was done in Max6. I've rendered many light settings and composed them all together in Photoshop. We've tried to get away of those "typical" 3d-look pictures.(I see - You have used SubsurfaceScattering! ;)

[IMG" target="_blank">http://img52.exs.cx/img52/7486/edition01Big.th.jpg[/IMG] (http://%3Ca%20href=)]>> Hi resolution image <<
THANKyou,
i'm sick of cg cliches being so darned popular.
even if the cliche's do look so impressive.. they're still cliche, and I really wasnt all that into them from the beginning.

smok3
08-24-2004, 06:46 AM
the image is so nice, that iam actually quite angry at the way they used it in that mag, removal of the bg and so.

Bangladesh
08-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Love it! The neck is so long and slender! Reminds me of the way french comic-artist paints sexy women (like in Obelix and Asterix). Super!

Galo
08-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Man, your work is style!

dat ninsche
08-24-2004, 08:26 AM
very wonderful!!
:applause: :applause:

Totitch
08-24-2004, 08:29 AM
It's a really nice 3D stuff! Expression of the face! All! I love it!! :)

But even if Ralf Marczinczik did a nice concept, tell him not to clone Regis Loisel stuff. ;)
It's not so grave, but i'm sure you guys can do something more personnal! ;)

Again, the 3D stuff is amazing!!! One of the best girl modeling i saw.
Full of life!

Gameleo
08-24-2004, 08:37 AM
Good modellling! And very good espression!

eheh! the texturing - shading look like a little casual...maybe needs more work.
As I can see the central part of the face-neck is like it has a strong and deep translucence, like a candle...but more.
The eyes are quite flat, even if it is cartoos ... look the pixar character.
About the hairs looks little uncontrolled as a model.

Anyway good job!

Gameleo

phoenix
08-24-2004, 08:42 AM
very cute work.... really nice...

ShinChanPu
08-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Very good work, Florian. I´m surprised about how far is the 3D model from the final pic (too much Photoshop work INMHO).

Anyway, stunning image, man.

BTW, for everyone asking for the BIGGEST file of this cutie, click here:

>>LINK (http://img52.exs.cx/img52/7486/edition01Big.jpg)<< :)

Ufu'uk
08-24-2004, 09:07 AM
:bounce: i really like the eyes, looks nice...very nice

jddog
08-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Wonderful work, congrats !

jdd

dat ninsche
08-24-2004, 09:50 AM
I like it very much! Its really great!

:applause: :love:

Dutchman
08-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Really great piece of art! She's really sexy! :eek: :rolleyes:

By the way; the same way as you've made the final (several renders with diferent lighting combining in PS; and uptouching allot...) do I also use often, but I didn't know before that it was used also professional! :)

Congrats with the frontpage btw :)

Frenkie
08-24-2004, 01:04 PM
Wonderful! You couldn't have made the material of her shirt better!

florian
08-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I'm completly smashed seeing so many talented artist i really admire in my first "final3d" thread.
Also i appreciate every critique like gameleo's. So...if anyone finds something strange...com'on. Be mean and honest!
The complete Picture was done during a long night and had to be finished next morning.
I know there are a lot of things i could have improved, but i was really afraid of the rendering times: Max6 and a extremly big resolution. Finally everything worked out more or less ok. Because of all this small "mistakes" i was not even sure if there is anyone out there who could like it.

I received many privat messages. I will find the time to answer all of them, but i'm quite busy on my job right now.
I'm very new in the 3d"bizz" so i still have to prove myself in our company. Before, i started as an airbrusher doing portraits, wallpaintings or "typical" biker stuff: helmets, tanks usw.
It helps a lot in3d coming from a 2d background.

Again. My Art-Director Ralf Marczinczik did a so wonderfull (and hard) job, photoshopping my rendering in the right direction. Dirk Weissenbacher did some nice touches on the face.
And thanks to my company allowing me to spent some time with this
:deal:

dcmoutinho
08-24-2004, 03:09 PM
cool, great texture

lyndon
08-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Its been said already, but I really like the expression. It makes her seem very human - there is no glassy stare and blank face that sometimes affects CG characters

I also like the semi-hard edges around the lips and the neck area, the style reminds me of a 3D batman cartoon or somthing in that way...

Have you done any other images for magazines ?

florian
08-24-2004, 04:04 PM
yep :rolleyes: ...but still nice to hear :)
This magazine thing was one lucky accident. But there's also an article in that (german) magazine bout character-design in general, based on some pictures i was doing for a realtime funsoccer game. I don't want to do advertisment in this great forum.
We have some nice artworks for the game. I hope i will find some time to post them the next couple of days.
Also me and my Art-Director are really looking forward to do something together, where we can take some more time to finish it. I think we will start a WIP with it. Could be interresting. ...who knows?

authentic
08-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Maybe the best human i have ever seen in 3d. Waiting so long for cool rendering style, other that extra realism, and even a believable model.
Waaoooowww.

tel
08-24-2004, 06:18 PM
dude... i really like her!!! is so expressive... and the colors give to her something diferent... almost frisky...

congratulations!!

bye

hackie
08-24-2004, 07:51 PM
hey...man i gotta say it's super cooooool stlye.
two thumbs up for your stlye of model.

ji.

Proteo
08-24-2004, 07:56 PM
LOL, very nice!

i love the face expression, the only think strange is the hair, think thats it could be more "light"

Tidus_44
08-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Well i think youve done a really good job with this one. But i do see something that looks pretty bad in my eyes , the fact that you can tell her hair is seprate from her head. I think you need to tuk that in a bit better and have it look like its actually attached to her skin. I can easily picture her bald so thats kinda and issue. One other thing too is that Ive just notice her shirt, it sits to high up from the back of her neck and it looks like the fabric is just kinda placed there as if it were floating, if you could bring it down onto her skin a little more and maybe at the edge sticking up just a snidge it will bring her shirt a much more natuarl feel to the fabric. Other than that i think youve done a wonderfull job on this. good work

teSSa
08-25-2004, 12:14 AM
very beautiful.
my only wish was that her hair had a tad
bit of texture to add for semi-realism.

justmarcela
08-25-2004, 07:54 AM
Love her expression!
:applause:

DeFi
08-25-2004, 08:04 AM
Impressive! That's very good work. :thumbsup:
The only thing that doesn't seem to fit the high quality of the rest of the image is the hairline in the area of the forehead and near the ears. I'd also like her better with normal human ears. But otherwise it's perfect.

Schöne Grüße aus Dortmund nach Dortmund :D

ZenoArt
08-25-2004, 08:20 AM
Yessss, very beautiful work. And I really like the stylised hair; Personally I'm not really fond of realistic looking hair :D.

I also like the way she has this way of looking at you, there's something extremely sexy about it. I think one naked shoulder (as if she's wearing an oversized shirt) would make her look even more ravishing :D:D:D

florian
08-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Thanks Defi
Eichlinghofen rocks :thumbsup:
thats funny. In this Forum you meet people from all over the world, and i live just next door where you are studying (Palmweide) never thougt of writting "Palmweide" in this forum. ;)

...sorry I'm off topic
(räusper)... thanks for your critique
There is a lot of potential in your models. Keep it up!

@ZenoArt: I must have done something wrong...I had to wait 7sides till the word "naked" dropped. ;)
Thanks anyway. I tried to make it a little bit more loose. But the simulation wanted something different then me. I had to calculate it with many substeps which took about 30mins. Otherwise some strange behaviour of the cloth (especially und her arms) appeared.

kmest
08-25-2004, 07:42 PM
wow.what a pic,what a girl.what a nice figure,what a nice 3d work.
(sorry i had no time to read all the posts.)
man,i like your caracter a lot,she's realy nice and it gives a sence that she's alive.did you had a model for this?(sorry i had no time to read all the posts.)
and i can see some very very little problems in the uv maps on the shoulders. :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :thumbsup:

florian
08-25-2004, 10:17 PM
You are the first one who found my secret UV-mistake :thumbsup:

...No there was no model. I wish there was. But i had a cool concept sketch. done by my Art-Director. (Also page1) That concept was based on Regis Loisel's style.
Just google it. Very wonderfull stuff.
I changed the face completly. But tried to give the same "worm" expression.

I'm glad you like it
:)

rawgon
08-25-2004, 10:18 PM
lovelly expression, and a good mixed media, keep it up:thumbsup:

kmest
08-27-2004, 10:03 AM
You are the first one who found my secret UV-mistake :thumbsup:

aaaa... thank you.
usualy the uv maps are one of the first things i look at,cause in my opinion it's mostly one of the most challenging parts.
any way,GREAT JOB :thumbsup: :applause:

kmest
08-27-2004, 10:30 AM
oops.double post

Reinier
08-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Indeed very sexy looking :) I love the expression on her face and the warm colors. :thumbsup:

Great job.

thoro
08-27-2004, 09:30 PM
She's sooo beautiful - great work!

stegs
08-28-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi,

This is really beautiful, the lighting really gels the stylised look together. I like the hair very much and the whole image kind of gives me a shrek feeling. Well done

ciccariello
08-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Excellent...beautiful expression, sense of life....cool.

nudelsalat
08-31-2004, 06:29 PM
Gefällt mir wirklich gut, besonders das Haar und die Lippen. :)

Nur das Gewand hätte etwas besser gemacht werden können.

florian
08-31-2004, 07:52 PM
Cool Nudelsalat!

...da hast du wohl recht. Es gibt so einige Sachen die noch etwas Schliff hätten vertragen können.
:hmm:

poste möglichst nur in englisch.

anyway thanx

writer.chris
09-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Nice very nice, this Elf is very nice! the eyes and the comichair-style is great!

Jure
09-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Beautiful image! I love the painting-like look and her face expression is just amazing!

UltRaNOL
09-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Great character and great expression...One of the more "living" one I had ever seen in cg :thumbsup:

Anne7
09-01-2004, 11:39 PM
:thumbsup: Very impressive work.

Spc
09-02-2004, 01:23 AM
WoooOoOOooooOW .. That's all i can say.. :eek:

MarkSnoswell
09-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Damn thats good!

Now I hate fan boy posts -- but this image is totally auesome !

Everyone take note of Dirks excellent work here -- it's the content thats most important not the technique... and if your doing characters it's the face, particularly the eyes and mouth, that are most important. This is possiably the best 3D rendered face I have seen. It's incredably sexy in a wonderfully mischevious way... what I wouldn't to get her phone number ;) Seriously though. Over 50% of all the 3D renders submitted for our books are of female subjects. Unfortunatly you rarely see anything aproaching the poise and charm of this image.

Well done Dirk :)

florian
09-02-2004, 01:50 PM
well...
we were already speechless since we were on the frontpage.
What do i say?...since there were more than 2 positive comments.
Then we`ve kicked ourselve from the frontpage with another post.
(I know there are more worse things that could happen) :eek:
If you had read the thread you know that we were more than unsure
to give it to that german magazine.
I was not even sure if i should post it here.
But for an artist there is for sure nothing that honors you more than
getting positive feedback in this forum. (and an award :D )

I'm sorry to tell you that she has no phone.

thanks a lot

...dirk lies besides his chair :hmm:
He is not reacting anymore
but i'm sure he's thankful too

Dirk W
09-02-2004, 05:53 PM
well, i'm reading this forum for quite some time now without posting, but i just can't hold back any longer:
i'm back on my chair again, but it's still unbelievable how fantastic the reaction on our picture is. I'm very very proud to be a part of the creative team behind that picture, but my biggest thanks go to Florian Schmoldt and Ralf Marczinczik, who both are wonderful and talented artists and i'm really glad i had the chance to work with them!
hm, i sound like i just won an oscar or MTVmusic award... anyway, thanks for the kind replies, it really means a lot to me!

Dirk

florian
09-02-2004, 07:16 PM
hm, i sound like i just won an oscar or MTVmusic award... anyway, thanks for the kind replies, it really means a lot to me!

Dirk
...and thanks to god giving me that talent.
:thumbsup: (5 Stars)
thanks to my parents. To Bratislav Metulski for teaching me about the art of 3d...

(just kidding)...but i know what you mean
thanks a lot for not leaving me alone with those hundred people.
Now we just have make Ralf post.

HEY RALF!

nudelsalat
09-04-2004, 02:34 PM
I've never noticed the 3d magazin.
One hour ago i saw it the first time, because I recognized your awesome picture. :)

Too bad that I haven´t got enough money to buy it.
11€ are realy expensive. :D

Anyway, I found just 3 better pictures with female subjects.
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/8730/8730_1094058910.jpg
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=61230
http://mitglied.lycos.de/gottistkuehl/lunafinalall.jpg (6 MB! )

Royo can`t beat that :wip:

neoquark
09-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Love it. It has a very uique look to it. Keep up the good work

cyrenevjacob
09-09-2004, 07:49 AM
Hey! Great work guys. The hair looks fabulous, though could be a wee bit more realistic...like point of contact to head...the look and style is fabulous and can do wonders for animation...great work guys!!!:thumbsup:

Visioneer
10-22-2004, 11:58 AM
That is absolutely gorgeous. Stunning work.

florian
10-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Thanxs a lot
It's been a while since I did it. But it still means a lot to me if people like it.

:bounce:

jerungan
11-04-2004, 06:54 AM
kewl!!! im not speakin Eng well... so i can bla bla bla 2 much about yer MasterPiece... (i luv whut u did).......sry about da corny Eng...

florian
11-04-2004, 11:56 AM
no problem jerungan. my english sucks too.
Thanks for getting your first post.

by the way: Welcome to CgTalk. You're right here. There's no place on the whole internet you can learn more about 3d-art. :thumbsup:

seirim
11-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Lovely, very lovely. I love this expression.
:love:

Deep Soul
12-02-2004, 02:59 AM
I like the style of the modelling and textures. She's realy charming!!

Apollo13c
12-02-2004, 04:54 AM
:bounce: I like her!

acromax
12-03-2004, 12:59 AM
I collects the excellent works for my gallery. File names has the name of the artists. This work is one of the my favourites. And it's file name ;

Florian Schmoldt - Ralf Marczinczik - Dirk Weissenbacher 01.jpg

Really long. :) It is also suberp. ;)

Cre8
12-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Beautiful, Absolutely Beautiful!

smocc
01-06-2005, 02:11 PM
ahh..... indescribable. Nice sense of colors! Thats my favorite picture... I'm just starting with 3d and you give me the motivation to persist in..... äh... thanks.

|-> bad english

Crazydesign
01-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Could you tell me how you got the hair THAT good. Thanks in advance.

Jimmy

florian
01-12-2005, 11:03 AM
@acromax: Thanks. Nice to be in someones gallery. I didn't know about the filename.
Sorry bout that. But it was a very pleasent teamwork. I enjoyed it very much.

@Cre8: Thanks man :D

@smocc: Nice to hear. Let us see your chibi progress in the WIP section. There are many nice people here at CGtalk who are taking the time to help you getting started.

@Crazydesign: Hi Jimmy. The hair started as a copy of the head mesh. I've welded, cut and moved some vertices to have some irregularitys. Then I've selected some connected faces and extruded them. It makes sense to start from the bottom. Otherwise you run into problems with overlapping areas. Basiclly just select faces, extrude, rotate.
ok...it's still a lot of manual work, but still easier than I imagined before

http://img47.exs.cx/img47/2931/hair5hg.jpg

smocc
01-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Ok, florian, I have some questions. I just love your
work, because you make it such clean.

- Do you know vray. Yes? What do you think about it?
- Can I poste thinks at the WIP section without having
a homepage with images from me? I mean, can I upload
things at the server. Do I have to be intimidate if I post
something there?
- Is it abnormal that I love your stuff that much? (enough
flattering...)

Let cgtalk know if you have some new work. Post everything!

florian
01-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Hi smocc

-Yep. I know VRay. But since MentalRay is integrated in Max, there is no need for me to buy another license. VRay has a amazing rendering quality. So if you got the chance to work with it...have fun :thumbsup:
I just wondered why you are asking me for HighEnd renderer. Most of my stuff is brutally overpainted in Photoshop. :arteest:

-I also don't have a homepage. Just some webspace, where I collect all my images.
But you can upload images at www.imageshack.us
It's a great service. If your image gets viewed once in a year, it will stay for another year and it's for free.

Right now I'm very busy with a new game projekt and I will be for the next 2years. Because of business crap I'm not allowed to show anything here and there's not that much time for private projects anymore.
But there's still a WIP in the pipeline. I hope I can finish it soon.

I hope I could help you. Let me know of your WIP.
Have fun

florian

SirRobert
02-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Greattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt work on the girl

graphicsbuildersanjeev
06-14-2005, 12:39 AM
hi friend i think it is a very beautiful work a very fine expression u have created definately there is something to do with the hair but after all it is artistic you can do without it also i just want to know one thing that why that green leaf or whatever is out of focus which is just in front of the hair should it not be in focus see ur work speaks it looks like watching me wonderful output man

sanjeev

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2005, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.