PDA

View Full Version : Above and beyond vehicle/character - zenzmurfy

zenzmurfy
08-05-2002, 11:37 PM
:bounce: Just starting my 2d thread for the challenge. I guess I will be posting the concept art here and modeling the plane(s) there.

zenzmurfy
08-06-2002, 12:11 AM
The Red Baron!:wavey:

zenzmurfy
08-06-2002, 12:17 AM
The funny thing is... even with nine flies I think this plane is way under powered. The first plane was intended more as a glider with a slight power assist.

Slacker
08-06-2002, 12:34 AM
lol, I like the red baron, but the first one does look a lot more natural... well, as natural as a you can get with a fly powered spider plane. good concept.

:wavey:

lildragon
08-06-2002, 01:59 AM
remember to always read the stickies properly, I changed your thread title ;)

TheFreak
08-06-2002, 08:37 PM
Not sure if this is where you got inspired but your design kinda reminds me of a thread i read in max forums

http://www.maxforums.org/forum/forum.asp?t=38338&r=87

Worth a look maybe. Only i don't think your is quite a cruel :twisted:

Freak

Tommy Lee
08-07-2002, 12:00 AM
Inspiration is the only legal way to steal ideas from other people...
SOOOOOOOOOOO...its ok.

Btw, that was just a joke.

Good start.:thumbsup:

Tommy Lee

zenzmurfy
08-07-2002, 12:52 AM
:cool:
Wow! heheheh. nope never seen it before. Walking backwards here's how my concept developed. The way there are flies on my plane is that the pilot is a spider which catches and cocoons them. The reason the Pilot is a spider is that I wanted a way for the pilot to control the air surfaces in the back and I thought spiderwebs would be the most elegant way(no to mention spiderwebs solves most of the construction problems). :)
Since contest was to make a homebrew airplane, I thought why not go really small and use wings made from maple seeds.

Originally posted by TheFreak
Not sure if this is where you got inspired but your design kinda reminds me of a thread i read in max forums

http://www.maxforums.org/forum/forum.asp?t=38338&r=87

Worth a look maybe. Only i don't think your is quite a cruel :twisted:

Freak

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.