PDA

View Full Version : Any other way to get the Foundation demo?

michaelb
08-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi,
I'm having problems downloading the 30 day Foundation demo (my dial-up modem can't handle the large file size) and I was wondering if there was another way to get a copy. I've also tried using a download accelerator and a download resumer and got nowhere. I sent an e-mail to salesinformation@softimage.com and got an automatic reply saying the person is on vacation to the 26th. :sad: Does anyone know if there is another way to get the demo so I can test it out for myself?

Thanks,
Michael B.

JDex
08-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Try webmaster@softimage.com

They may be able to help you get the download. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the Sales Rep to return.

michaelb
08-23-2004, 12:54 PM
A very good idea. I just sent an e-mail there, so we'll see what happens. Thanks.

EdHarriss
08-23-2004, 03:41 PM
It all else fails, you could get a friend to download it for you or you could go to an internet cafe with some blank media. :)

michaelb
08-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks, but I already considered that. I live in a rural area where there are no Internet cafes to be had, and I'm the one with the most technical know-how around here. No one else I know has a high speed connection. Local libraries are on dial-up like I am. If I can't find a way to do it for myself, I'd have to buy it sight unseen (and I've been cured of that idea once and for all by some other software that will remain nameless) or be out of luck altogether. :sad: *sigh*

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.