PDA

View Full Version : Render region with final gathering (EXP)

ecco
08-23-2004, 10:20 AM
When I want to render region with final gathering turned on, the image sort of appears in negative. Normally I print screen this image to PSP and invert it, which looks a lot better, but then the highlights etc are all negative. What am I doing wrong or missing? Is there a proper way to render things so they appear correct? I've looked around the options many times, and the help files aren't helping.

I only know how to model is XSI so far (using EXP), so am unaware if the answer lies in things to do with shaders etc.

Thanks

SheepFactory
08-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Can you post a screenshot?

ecco
08-26-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure if I can. When I was searching posts before I posted here, someone tried to do as the faq says and use the Browse option to point to a place on the hard drive- which didn't work I think. Someone said it needs to be somewhere on the internet, which I don't have.

Nevertheless, I believe I've found a way around my problem, by doing things in passes.

Also, it may not have been rendering wrong anyway- possibly it is beacuse there is too much colour bleed or something, as when I made the floor bright red, the 'inverted shadow' was red. I guess I need to figure out how to subdue this effect.

Reg. posting a screenshot: If it can be done, without putting it on a website first, let me know and I will try. The image is only 16k or something similar.

Thanks.

jorgevaldes
08-27-2004, 05:50 AM
Reg. posting a screenshot: If it can be done, without putting it on a website first, let me know and I will try. The image is only 16k or something similar.

Thanks.

under the Submit post and preview post buttons there are a bunch of additional options... click on the "manage attachments" one and upload your pic.
I've never done this, but it looks like it's the way it is done.

ecco
08-28-2004, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately I don't have those addtional buttons yet. In fact the FAQ on attachments says that won't happen until I beomce a veteran user and clear 30 posts.

Ordering Foundation is a certainty over the next few weeks, so will hopefully get the training DVD's etc to help me out. If I clear 30 posts before then then I will post the image, as I really need to work this out.

Thanks.

SpeccySteve
08-28-2004, 04:35 PM
You could always use an MSN group for a temp image host, you only need a net passport ( free ) , I don't think you can embed the image using [img] tags, but you could post the link.

Just an option, theres a guide written by one of the B3ta guys here.
http://groups.msn.com/spoonywoony/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=14

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.