PDA

View Full Version : duplicating along path

dmonk
08-05-2002, 11:34 PM
Once I duplicated something and made the multiples follow along a curve. Now I forget how to do it can anyone remind me how to do it?

Atyss
08-06-2002, 12:04 AM
Duplicate from animation?:lightbulb

EAP!
08-06-2002, 11:33 AM
okay here's how i know how to do it...

1) you have all your ojects lined up vertically from the center of 3D space.

2) they are all parented to bottom object

3) MODEL/Modify/Deform/By Curve

4) select curve

5) Dance your happy dance

6) you can adjust roll inpop-up window..

hope it works.

-EAP! (an avid XSI user)

James Prevette
08-19-2002, 10:43 PM
1) In any viewport, select the animated object(s) to be copied.
2) Choose Edit > Duplicate/Instantiate > Duplicate Multiple from the Edit panel and specify the number of copies required from the pop-up dialog box. The original object is deselected, and the duplicated objects are selected.
3) Choose Constrain > Curve (Path) from the Constrain panel, then pick the curve or curve object. The PathCns property editor appears.
4) Set the Path Percentage to L(n), where n is the percentage of the path along which you want to spread the duplicate objects. Modify any other path options as necessary.

dmonk
08-20-2002, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by James Prevette
1) In any viewport, select the animated object(s) to be copied.
2) Choose Edit > Duplicate/Instantiate > Duplicate Multiple from the Edit panel and specify the number of copies required from the pop-up dialog box. The original object is deselected, and the duplicated objects are selected.
3) Choose Constrain > Curve (Path) from the Constrain panel, then pick the curve or curve object. The PathCns property editor appears.
4) Set the Path Percentage to L(n), where n is the percentage of the path along which you want to spread the duplicate objects. Modify any other path options as necessary.

You are correct sir! That's what I was looking for. Much appreciation.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.