PDA

View Full Version : Save Selection

Rumr
08-23-2004, 02:18 AM
Is there a way to save save your selection of edges poly points ect. I select many edges at times and later need to select them again if i could save them it would be nice so i can slelect them again fast.

Thanks

SheepFactory
08-23-2004, 02:42 AM
Define the points as a cluster and than when you want to select that group select the cluster and go Select > members components.

there could be another way but i dont know it yet.

Rumr
08-23-2004, 02:44 AM
Nice, thanks alot!!!

chesterjoe
08-23-2004, 02:45 AM
You can make clusters of edges points or polys. Clusters have several functions but basically they are exactly what you ask for: selections of subcomponents. Select your edges, points or polys and press the cluster button, that should help. you can then click on any of your previous created clusters and you will get your points, edges, or polys in grey ( not yet selected) so you will need to go in selection/select members components and you will have your selection ready.
Hope this helps..

EDIT: seems I took too long writing so you allready got your reply from someelse :)

Rumr
08-23-2004, 02:53 AM
thanks alot!

chesterjoe
08-23-2004, 02:57 AM
Well it is not that complicated since you basically only press CLUSTER to make them and you can make a custom buttom or keyboard shortcut for the select members/ components thing. The coommand is: SelectMembers if you press the command you`ll get that line in the script editor then you can drag it in any custom toolbar and everytime you click on the name of the cluster you want to select just press that button or the keyboard shortcut you assigned. ( keyboard mapping)

Rumr
08-23-2004, 03:19 AM
i tryed it and it dfeats my purpose.

I wanted to use so when I select muti edges and split with controll to get realistic edges I can then re select my old selection and split with controll once again giving both sides of the face a new edge.

I wish i couple split both sides of the edge at once like light wave bandsaw options.

Rumr
06-13-2005, 08:02 AM
after so long i come to figure it out. Thanks alot to those who helped. means alot. Rocking XSI once again!

softmonkey
06-13-2005, 08:16 PM
U should try Chinny's Selection Set plug-in...

http://www.xsibase.com/tools/plugins.php?detail=1112

Rumr
06-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the help

ThE_JacO
06-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the help

Chinny is XSI's product manager at Soft, and afaik he's been helped through/supervised by a couple guys in the dev team to finish that plug-in.

I would dare say it's one of those on the "safe to use" list ;)

Rumr
06-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
06-14-2005, 12:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.