PDA

View Full Version : where do i switch.....

berki
08-22-2004, 08:51 PM
hello i get this messege all the time i render

Hardware rendering selected for particleShape1. Skipped.

didnt bother me till i wanna render particleShape1. so how do i switch it to render particleShape1 oh yea tryed it in hardware, software and mental same problem so there is prob a swiths i gotta press so please help me :scream:

f3de
08-23-2004, 04:58 PM
friend, let me know. wich particle render type do you have selected ? and all the info you can give me of the particules.

f3de

berki
08-23-2004, 05:35 PM
ok what i did was paint particals then insread of points i put mulitstreak and a RGB expresion tryed rendering in

maya software
" " hardware
mental ray

all of these i get a black render screen with the waring ubove like
im confused why

lazzhar
08-23-2004, 06:42 PM
This kind of Particle wont render out in Software renderinng. It's meant to be rendered using the Hardware Buffer. But it seems you're getting troubles with it too. I'm not sure but it could be somthing related with your graphix card dirver or something.

f3de
08-23-2004, 08:24 PM
I thik that the problem is that your multistrek particles have no movement. I dont have maya in this computer for try and tell you but try to change the type of particles for multipoints and see if still the same problem, if still probably is somthing like say Lazzhar, if not you better make a emitter to emit the multistrek with some speed. Also note that the multistrek is for render in hardware or hardware buffer.

boom shanti

f3de

BillSpradlin
08-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Particles don't have to have movement in order for them to render FYI.

berki
08-23-2004, 09:43 PM
ok i tryed goin back to the start it is when i go to the

add dynamic attribute> colour > add per partical att

is when things go black so thats the prob but i want the coloius to change ill play with this now like any hints nuch appreciated oh thanks 4 helpin people:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.