PDA

View Full Version : HELP mental ray rendering problem

ravivjkumar
08-22-2004, 09:49 PM
hi all,

it may be very foolish , but its the worst problem i'm facing in maya batch rendering,

i am rendering a animated sequence, i want to render the sequence in mental ray .but the problem is when i put the mental ray batch render , maya is rendering in default maya render ,so please let me know what the problem is

thankz

ravi

Dalaran AW
08-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi there...

I had the same problem... instead of using "render.exe scene.mb" you have to use "mayarender_with_mr -file scene.mb".

The only problem I am having is that I dont know how to use the useuall flags en switches like "-s -e -fields -pal""etc.

Anybody?

Greetings,
Dalaran AW

mattwood
08-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Sounds like both of you could use an upgrade to 6.0 if you don't have it already. In 5 render.exe only supports the Maya SW renderer, and the mayarender_with_mr.exe doesn't have any useful options.

In Maya 6.0 the render command has the new -r flag to select which renderer you want to use.

ravivjkumar
08-27-2004, 11:32 AM
hi
thanks so much dalaran and mattwood, i could solve the problem,

it was stupid of me to click on the shortcut icon of batch render, by that it used to render using maya software render. but when i went to render/batch render it did work,

thanks so much of u to reply for the post

thank you

take care

ravi

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.