PDA

View Full Version : Dreamscape + Brazil error...

CHRiTTeR
08-22-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem when using dreamscape with brazil (Rio-version).

-I create an dreamscape atmospere effect. Keep the default settings
-Add a dreamscape sun (required). Default settings
-Render it with max scanline (def. settings) -> Works fine
-Render it with brazil (def. settings) - The dreamscape sky, haze, ... seem to render but the dreamscape light doesnt cast light (all objects/geometry is black)?!
- I enable shadows in the dreamscape sun (geometry -> geometry)
- Render it in default scanline -> Works fine
- Render it in Brazil -> Same problem (everything black except the dreamscape sky)
- I enable 'geometry -> sky' in the shadow parameters of the dreamscape sun
- Render it in scanline -> works fine
- Render it in Brazil -> Harddisk gets crazy when first bucket appears and a few seconds later (+/-5) max crashes...

Anyone can help?
I know they used Brazil and dreamscape together for the day after tomorrow so it should work perfectly, not?

decembermoon
08-22-2004, 02:20 PM
i'm not a dreamscape user , but i don't think you can use any external render with it.and not even with mental ray.
anyway i'm not sure about that.

CHRiTTeR
08-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Dreamscape is not a renderer. Well, ... yes it does generate (render) clouds and skies but it isnt a renderer like MR, Brazil, Vray, FR, or whatever....

And i've read some info on the web and normally they should work together fine... (they did in the day after tomorrow)
I just dont get it

CHRiTTeR
08-22-2004, 11:12 PM
There's another error:

When I render with dreamscapes skylight on (gi) it renders, saves the file and afterwards max crashes...

No-one can help? :sad: :shrug:

Ian Jones
08-23-2004, 08:40 AM
head over to the www.splutterfish.com official forums. I'm sure your question has probably come up before.

CHRiTTeR
08-23-2004, 04:48 PM
head over to the www.splutterfish.com (http://www.splutterfish.com/) official forums. I'm sure your question has probably come up before.I did. And I've got my answer there.

It's a known issue.
So no need for replies anymore, thanks for your help every1.

alejandro_m1
03-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Itīs a known issue and talked about in the spluterfish forums, but just in case someone is wondering which is the solution:

In Brazil Renderer Options change in Bucketing Options the Order to Top to Bottom so itīs similar to Max Default Scanline, and DONīT USE Render Daylight (Dreamscape GI) inside Dreamscape Enviroment, that GI sucks and you can always render a panoramic and use it in Brazil Skylight which would render great results.

In the Brazil forums you could find that often people say that you canīt use Dreamscape Sky with Brazil, thatīs completely false, I use it all the time with this config, it may crash from time to time so save before rendering and if it crashes oftenly you should change the Brazil Virtual Frame Buffer to Max VFB.

Hope this helps someone.

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2005, 06:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.