PDA

View Full Version : Maya is the best!

slipknot66
08-22-2004, 04:18 AM
Just wanted to start something.... what is the best thing in Maya?! i know this question may be a fanboy(i herd this term in here) question... but ..just to know.......just to know the things that can make the diffrence between the other softwares?!

maybe a stupid thing..............but im just curious to know .. why ppl chose Maya instead of max..Xsi Ligtwave .. etc...

onlooker
08-22-2004, 05:31 AM
I think the one constant above all is that MEL sets Maya Apart. :thumbsup:

Also, This is the Maya rendering forum. This thread should have been in the regular Maya forum.

Dr. Ira Kane
08-22-2004, 09:56 AM
I think it depends on preferences of every person, personally i like maya most becaouse i feel there most comfortable, i also like lightwave for it's modeler. It really doesn't matter which app you choose, they are all good, it's just a tool, but you chave to be comfortable with it and that's a personal thing.

slipknot66
08-22-2004, 05:35 PM
yea you are right .. sorry onlooker:thumbsup:

bluemagicuk
08-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Geee ... i like everything .... Fluid effects is pretty spectacular ... and Mental ray is a close
second for me at the moment.

annaleah
08-23-2004, 03:01 AM
Its all good and getting better....thats what sets Maya apart from the others.

anopheles
08-24-2004, 12:12 AM
the HUDGE community is what impresses me the most

onlooker
08-24-2004, 12:31 AM
the HUDGE community is what impresses me the most

I guess that would be a HUGE community right?. :curious:

CoolDuck_HRO
08-24-2004, 12:38 AM
I like the customizability of Maya the most and also MEL. You can change almost anything (UI) in Maya.

eddgarpv
08-24-2004, 04:42 PM
i'm with blue magic.. When i saw fluid effects I was impressed. I haven't updated to maya 6, to try mr rendering but the maya renderer does a great job with fluids.

MR is growing .. it's getting more and more integrated (thanks to people around like Mark D, Francesca L., Daniel R., Jeremy P., Gonzalo G., and a big list ) and of course that's just excelente!.

So... start coding ;)

Splin
08-24-2004, 05:47 PM
I think it depends on preferences of every person, personally i like maya most becaouse i feel there most comfortable, i also like lightwave for it's modeler. It really doesn't matter which app you choose, they are all good, it's just a tool, but you chave to be comfortable with it and that's a personal thing.
What can I do...he told already everything I wanted to say
:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.