PDA

View Full Version : Addon problems ..

Ziah
08-22-2004, 01:21 AM
Whelp this may be a very dumb question coming from a newb, but this is what happens when you don't get manual with your app ...

I have did some searches and came back with nothing

I downloaded some add-on shaders? (maybe wrong choice of words still buggy on some terminology with this app)

So you install the desired through the addon menu , restart xsi so its loaded .

Now my problem occurs when i have installed the shaders ..oren-nayar , dirtmap , diffusion

need to know

when getting the shader from the user addon folder where xsi installs it what file should i be looking for??

nothing shows up for me unless i change the file type selction menu to all files*
lastly when i select any of the files nothing appears in the render tree.

??

I also see that in the file types selection menu you can choose alias formats

is it possible to import or load maya shaders or surfaces in xsi
if no, is there a plugin for such :) or do i have to do it the old fashion way :sad: and basically make the shader or surface over in xsi :)

Ziah
08-22-2004, 02:42 AM
hmmm its wierd maybe its the version of the shader i downloaded i tried installing another one and its there work perfectly fine hmmm

has anyone had any probelms with the diffusion shader? i can't remember exactly where i got it from i think its highend 3d so i can't give specifics on the author of it .....

in an old post i saw some one did but that was only one person

DougNicola
08-22-2004, 04:23 AM
"when getting the shader from the user addon folder where xsi installs it what file should i be looking for??"

When you open your render tree, go to the nodes->illumination->more... and then click the "paths" button on the right of the path field. Select the User path. Your installed shader should be there. Just select it and it's in your tree.

Ziah
08-22-2004, 02:27 PM
hmm thanx doug but thats what i have been doing

I think it may be the version of the shaders that i downloaded . Maybe they are not that compatible with xsi 4 :shrug:

I got some to wrok and some not to

im looking for light scattering shaders if any one knows of some good ones other than the diffusion one by animus brinker please feel free to plug a link

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.