PDA

View Full Version : David Armitage - Animation Session 9 - The Beam

gifthorse
08-21-2004, 02:16 AM
This looks like a lot of fun so have to have a go ! Balance problems and a painful landing...will have something to show later today....

Posted sketch and setup jpeg on frontpage www.davidarmitage.net

gifthorse
08-22-2004, 06:43 PM
Started blocking the moves out - going to try and get it all timed out today and then can start developing it ! Posted on my frontpage www.davidarmitage.net (http://www.davidarmitage.net)

SheepFactory
08-23-2004, 08:22 PM
nice start.

you can push the poses a bit , he comes to a full stop too abrubtly when he raises the arm and the anticipation is weak before he backflips.

Looking forward to the next update!

gifthorse
08-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Thanks ! Slowed down the rise and put it into a more extreme anticipation before backflip and held it a bit - will tweak more.

Bit messy on the backflip but will get it through to the finish so that I can see where it is going too fast / slow.

cheers, david

>> edit >> sunday_29 - posted as above, another backflip on the beam to a very rough hold at the end of the beam before the run to the other end - good job there are a few more days added to this session !

Remi
08-25-2004, 03:03 AM
Man...the beam always makes me turn the channel:) I guess I just always imagine the worst happening and I just don't want to see it...not that i'm a wuss or anything...but come on...that would suck:) Keep going man...and i'm with Sheep...push those poses:)

gifthorse
08-30-2004, 10:11 PM
>> edited Sat 4th >> Given it a render on 2s to have a look at where I am at. Character knocked out by not spotting the ground - not yet overly happy with the impact on the ground.

All advice welcome.

Lots of clean up to go...

cheers.

www.davidarmitage.net (http://www.davidarmitage.net)

gifthorse
09-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Think my bit of animation as a far through as I going to manage this time, would have liked to add some anticipation - wobbles especially - so the viewer had an idea of what was coming up at the end but hey ho. Good fun.

Rendered on 2's, 9 seconds and crunched down to under 200k with sorenson 3 - link above.

cheers,

d_jnaneswar
09-11-2004, 03:41 PM
hai there gifthorse..

it looks great already.. just dling ur showreel..will post more coments later..got to work on my own..

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.