PDA

View Full Version : flip...

Gary2
08-19-2004, 04:43 PM
ok im trying to animate my guy doing a flip but im getting very wierd results in doing so...

u cant just rotate him all at once and adjust from there from what iv found because his midjoints arms etc rotate every which way for whatever reason

the animation is him rocketing down to earth, and he does a flip as hes landing, if anyone has any advice/ways to do the flip they would like to share please do so. because im stuck :(

Demilliac
08-19-2004, 06:04 PM
In my opinion, it's depend of your rig, if you can, post it to see where is the problem.

Nemises
08-20-2004, 05:08 PM
I could be wrong, but isn't it simply a case of bad parenting?..heh

Whats happenning (I think) is that your rotations are hitting their poles, and twisting about them.

you could try animating the pole vector so that it allways points 90degrees to the plane of rotation.(try a look-at constrant on the pole vector to a locator parented "in front" of the bone in question)

If it's not that, try grouping the whole rig under a blank node, sometimes called a reference node, and use the reference node to animate the rotation of the flip..in theory the arms / legs Kinematics will be operating under the reference nodes local rotation rather than the worlds rotations, and are much less likely to encounter pole problems.

As I say, I could be wrong, but thats what it sounds like it could be.

Gary2
08-21-2004, 04:50 AM
i just checked in with my teacher, and according to him the way to do my flip is to use the rotation tool where the biped tools are to rotate the pelvis which he refered to as the center of gravity. according to him thats the only way to get the bone to move

im just glad its moving ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.