PDA

View Full Version : Setting Neutral Poses, not there?

preludian
08-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Hi, I was just looking through the manual for a way to reset transformations and saw the docs about setting neutal poses. Normally they should be in the Transform menu, but there they aren't, only when I open the Kinematics menu in the transform menu that I can reset ALL transformations, but not seperately as stated in the HTML Manual.
Could somebody please check your layout, oh, I have the Fond vers.

To set neutral poses with menu commands

Select one or more objects or branches.
Choose one of the following commands from the Transform menu:

Set Neutral Pose stores the current values for local scaling, rotation, and translation as the neutral pose and sets them to the default values.
Set Neutral Scaling stores the current scaling values in the neutral pose and sets the local scaling values to (1, 1, 1).
Set Neutral Rotation stores the current rotation values in the neutral pose and sets the local rotation values to (0, 0, 0).
Set Neutral Translation stores the current translation values in the neutral pose and sets the local translation values to (0, 0, 0).

Thx

Proximus
08-18-2004, 09:46 PM
I think if you swich from Animation mode in Modeling mode, your model will be displayed in neutral pose mode, where you can do any modifications you want, then swich to Animate mode and keep animating. Hope it helps.

preludian
08-18-2004, 09:53 PM
ehmm what I was looking for are the commands mentioned in the manual, can't find them in the menu. Thx anyway.

preludian
08-18-2004, 10:50 PM
hello.....?? could one Fondation and Ess/Adv User please check it quickly, it's just a quick click on the transform menu, pleaaaaassssseeeee:sad:

Proximus
08-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Sorry for the confusion.
I think, if I understood you corectly, for SetNeutralPose you need to go in the left side menu:

/Skeleton/SetNeutralPose
I dont think this is also in the generic Transform menu

preludian
08-18-2004, 10:57 PM
No problem, so if I'm correct it ISN'T possible to set neutral poses for scale, rotation and transform separately like mentioned in the manual, correct?

SheepFactory
08-18-2004, 10:59 PM
yes it is possible.

its right there in the transform menu , click on that HUGE transform button on the tight and you'll see.

preludian
08-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Oh F**k damnit, damnit, how much time can one loose looking for commands, its like a jungle sometimes, sorry for my real dumb question :scream:

SevenString
08-18-2004, 11:08 PM
yep... that's where it is. There's a line right above the documentation section that you're talking about that says:

"Choose either the Transform > Set Neutral Pose command from the main command area..."

Of course, the main command area is that area on the right, but the rest of the section doesn't explicitely call that out, so I can understand your confusion.

preludian
08-18-2004, 11:13 PM
... so I can understand your confusion.
Thank you for letting me feel less dumb :) but it's really an advantage to be able to read, I'll go back to school if they take me again :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.