PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Guy waiting for bus...

Capel
08-18-2004, 07:38 PM
okay, i'm somewhat new at this whole animation thing, so i wanted some feedback. This is just a test with a low poly guy i modeled and rigged... Trying to get the timing, spacing, weight, all that jazz... i start at gnomon in October, so i wanted to teach myself as much as i could before school.....

Software: Lightwave 3d 7.5

http://www.members.cox.net/capel3d/Waiting.wmv

tofushop
08-26-2004, 09:16 PM
i like ur work very much ~

CuTnPaste
08-26-2004, 10:30 PM
wow...good timing....really well done.

:applause:

rstratton
08-29-2004, 03:29 AM
man for someone who is getting ready to learn to animate all I have to say is DAMN.....you have great timing and acting skills..I'm sure if I took some time to look at it more there would probably be a few things I could say but I am just blown away by the fact you say you are new to animation...I will hate you when you take my job one day http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif

Capel
08-29-2004, 09:13 AM
hey thanks for the positive feedback! It's really encouraging, since i've recently become obsessed with animation.

idigm: You're too kind! :)

jamesjhunt
08-29-2004, 09:48 AM
like your animation too!

did you rigg the character yourself?
like the look of the modell... very simple and nice!

keep animating!

Capel
08-30-2004, 08:26 AM
yeah, it's a pretty simple rig. FK on the arms. I was inspired by the AnimationMentor demo to create the character. The simpler the better, i say.

Remi
08-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Excellent timing and I love the subtle head motions...great acting in there.....keep up the great work man:)

oshiroii
08-30-2004, 09:11 PM
It rocks :buttrock:
the fast movements are sooo cool :D really nice!

nottoshabi
08-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Ok verry nice, just a couple of crits. Your ins and outs are shot. You need to work on them a little more, the charater moves from one pose to another to abrupt. I understand that he is fustrated. A fustrated person moves verry slow, cause they are allready pisssed off about the bus taking to long, so they want to do as little effort as posible. If you look at a person that is waiting for the bus or, waiting in line theyr body movement are slow from pose to pose. Most of theyr energy is beighn waisted in thery head cause they are fustrated so its a inner turmoil. And you express that by long changes and short poses. What you have is a person that drinked way to much coffe for his body weight so now they cant stay still to save theyr life. When he gets hit in the head by the rock that is perfect DONT TOUCH that at all. Just before were he is trying to make the time go by. Also in the first pose were his is slaping his toes. The sholders should compensate the hips. Wich means they should lean to the left. Always keep the shoulders oposite of hips. Ex: (hips right, sholders left). The second pose were he has his hands behind his back. Rotate the hips to the left a couple of frames after he comes into the pose, and rotate his sholders right couple of frames after the hips. When he is brushing the dirt of his chest switch his weight. It will ad a little more umph to the action.

Hope that makes sence. Just my 2 cents

Great job.. :bounce:

Capel
08-31-2004, 12:14 AM
more positive crits. THanks!

nottoshabi: I wasn't gonna mess with it any more until i read your crit. As soon as i get off work i'm gonna go home and tweak it some more. Thanks for the suggestions. I agree with you completely. Some of his movements are too snappy. I'll post an update ASAP. Thanks for the help! :)

nottoshabi
08-31-2004, 12:40 AM
Sheeeewwwww :rolleyes:. I'm glad you like them. I thought I was to harsh.

GameFace
09-01-2004, 06:35 PM
yeah damn pretty good work fo ra starter, i have to agree that the next step is offsetting different areas of body more such as arms legs head so forth even if its by one or two frames. He does feel a lil bit to stiff after he hits each pose like he stops for a bit. I like the style though. Keep up the good work

cbernadet
09-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Your poses are great and the timing between his move too. But He's too stiff when he do nothing.... you should always move the pelvis a little bit (no flat curve for the pelvis)

the head too.... never completly stop moving... and when he turn the head left or right, take a frame between your 2 keys (the left and the right) and make the head looks down a little bit, just to feel an arc in the movement....

It's the two major thing I see in your animation.... if its really your first animation, you're doing better than many poeple who call themself animators..... :)

Capel
09-02-2004, 07:05 AM
thanks for the crits. great advice, and i've already tweaked it quite a bit, but i don't have a way to upload it anymore. i was using the trial version of WS_FTP Pro, but it expired... anywhere i can download one for free?

CuTnPaste
09-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Try this one. FileZilla

http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

It works as server, too.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.