PDA

View Full Version : Juan Bonilla- Animation Session 9 - Soccer?

bonohyogurt
08-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Hi all,

I'll try not to be lazy, uninstall FIFA from my laptop, and actually enter this one. Initial ideas:

1. Soccer semi-finals. England vs. Argentina. Big, menacing-looking FORWARD (think Rooney) running with the ball, departing just after midfield, approaches the goal dangerously. Two or three deffence players try to stop him. They fail miserably. Tiny, nervous GOALKEEPER (think German Burgos) sees him approaching and goes from nervous to afraid to panicking. Forward gets in the box, about to face the Keeper. The Keeper, in total despair, kneels down and starts praying with his eyes closed. Forward gets the ball in place with a touch, and is about to shot, when a Giant Finger from the sky crushes him to the ground. The ball arrives slowly to the still praying keeper, he opens his eyes and sees the Big Arm retreating into the clouds. Up in Heaven, God (a fat, bearded couch potato with an undersized Argentina soccer jersey), retreats his hand from the cloudy floor and goes back to watching the soccer game on TV.

I know, that's a long and politically incorrect one. I'll think of another one. If you have any suggestions to make this one doable, please feel free to send them...

Remi
08-18-2004, 05:14 PM
First thing that comes to my head is the ol charlie brown/lucy bit...where lucy holds a football until charlie runs and tries to kick it...but lucy pulls it away at the last second and sends charlie flying in the air with a crash....i'm sure you could find something to do with soccer...what you have sounds like a mini short:)

grury
08-18-2004, 05:15 PM
You can always get portuguese defender Ricardo carvalho to smash Roonies' toes...
Sorry couldnt help myself... :D

bonohyogurt
08-18-2004, 05:19 PM
So here's another.

HIgh jump event. Extremely skinny athlete starts running towards the bar, speeds up a bit, and in the last step before jumping, slips on a banana peel on the floor. He jumps anyway, but falls on to the bar, and ends up split in half. His upper body, mad as heck, walks on his fists, leaves the scene while insulting his legs for the slip.

bonohyogurt
08-18-2004, 07:14 PM
So,

Forward comes running as hell with the ball and SHOOTS!!! the only thing is, he shoots too hard and his shoe comes off too... The Keeper Flies to catch it, but in the air the shoe surpasses the ball and obviously the KEeper catches the shoe and the ball goes into the back of the net. Like a sad epylogue, The Keeper, in its despair, smells the shoe and dies.

grstovell
08-19-2004, 05:57 PM
personally I like the original idea best (long, but great!)
and I don't find it politically incorrect or offensive. The only offensive bit is to say that God is an Argentinian fan... when everyone knows God is defninitely a fan of the UK team! :thumbsup:

-g

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.