PDA

View Full Version : Rendering (long Time)

Sampaio
08-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Hi ...

When I render My animation into a Video file (*.avi) using batch render option, the rendering proccess takes a very long time and I think that its not normal cause the file size comes in at least 1 GB (for a 20 seconds animation) .. I think there is a way to solve this problem, waiting to hear from you...
Thank you ...

Goon
08-18-2004, 04:09 PM
1. Do not render out as a video. If the render crashes partway through, you've lost everything. Render out as frames and assemble in a compositor.

2. The files size is due to Maya not applying compression to the video. Uncompressed video is very large, and file sizes like you have are not unusual, though that might be a bit large for just 20seconds. If you render out to frames, you can play with the compression for optimal file size/quality, rather than relying on whatever settings maya might choose to give you at the end of rendering, were it to actually apply compression.

Sampaio
08-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Ok ... that seems to be clear .. but I am new to maya ... I would apreciate it if you can tell me what are the render glabals that I have to Apply ?? and a name of a good compositor program...

thanks alot...

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.