PDA

View Full Version : Copy paths between PS and Illus

Destroyer111
08-18-2004, 02:33 PM
i have a problem with the vektors and paths:
i drew something in illustrator und need to copy that in photoshop. when i save the file as .eps or. ai photoshop opens it as a bitmap. bu i want to KEEP THE PATHINFORMATION in photoshop ( so that the pŘath is in the "path" window- or whatever it is in english version, sorry)

coyp and pastate doesn't work too. when i copy the path from illustrator to photoshop photoshop creaters a bitmap und fills up the transparent areas with white. :cry: :cry:

any ideas on how i can keep the pathinformation activated???

NileshXYZ
08-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Yes I always diskliked how i am not able to import Vectors, Adobe should make it easy for us to import between each app.

sorry no help here.

JohnnyRandom
08-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Which versions of Illustrator and Photoshop are you using?

JohnnyRandom
08-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Well I using CS on both, I can't remember for sure but I know it works with Illustrator 10 but not sure about the import into PS7.

First you must open your preferences dialog box in Illustrator and goto "File Handling & Clipboard". In the Clipboard on Quit section check PDF and AICB+Check Preserve Path. This will save the vector data to the clipboard.

Second select your vector object and Copy to the clipboard (ctrl+C sure you knew that :) )

Third goto Photoshop select the project you wish to import too, and paste from the clipboard, next a message box will appear and ask you how you would like to import your clipboard data... choose "Path"

You vector shape will be imported into Photoshop as a path on a "work path" layer.

There you go :) Hope that what you were looking for.

Destroyer111
08-18-2004, 05:22 PM
yeah dizzl8r, that worked. that is crap that you have to change that option and it is not mention in the manuals pretty well. but anyways, thanks for your fast help buddy

cheers :bounce:

JohnnyRandom
08-18-2004, 05:37 PM
hey no worries m8, I was pulling my hair out about a year ago with this same problem :)

Peace out
dizzy

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.