PDA

View Full Version : Tips & Tricks

preludian
08-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi, I was wondering if it wouldn't be wise to start a sticky Tips&Tricks thread, now that so many new XSI Fond. users have swapt over from LW, Cinema, Max and Maya. I remember such a thread in the LW forum and it prooved to be a enormous help for every user.

To make it easier I would recommend a fixed layout.

eg:

(x1) / number for each tip for referencing x1 to x4648299...
<Texturing:> How to auto refresh textures in xsi 4?

preferences>rendering>reload externally modified image clips on focus
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=162910 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=162910)

(and in italic some sort of comment or note)

As main subjects, how about:

General
Modeling
Animation
Rendering
Texturing
Lighting&Compositing
Simulation
Programming
Hardware

What do you think??

yog
08-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Ol' Sheep beat you to it.

Sticky at the top of the page :thumbsup:

ThE_JacO
08-18-2004, 02:25 PM
only yesterday a tricks thread was made sticky(cool things about xsi no one knows).
this comunity was half the size and 1/3 the activity only 2 weeks ago.
as soon as the hype wears off a bit and things start flowing in there will be more structured resources, right now we have to wait for things to settle in place and basically just prod left and right until we find out how to manage the newly found comunity :)

preludian
08-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Sorry, I forgot to put my glasses on :D but hey, better two with the same thought than no thought at all. But I still think the layout thing could make finding easier, hmm??

ThE_JacO, maybe you should shut down the thread so no two tips&tricks threads are filled accidentally??

...newly found comunity isn't this fascinating :applause:

ThE_JacO
08-18-2004, 02:39 PM
the layout is a good suggestion, but asking people to format contents precisely usually makes a lot of them shy away.
let it be anarchical for the time being, we'll sort out things later (this is my italian side speaking I guess :p )

I'll close this thread to prevent confusion, repost your tip in the other one please.