PDA

View Full Version : deselect selected channels in CB using mel

Octagon
08-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Anyone know how to do it?

I digged trough various alias channelBox scripts and double checked the docs for the channelBox command but didnīt find anything

-m

westiemad
08-22-2004, 03:46 PM
the channel box command creates a channel box for u to edit, what do u want to do with the data in the box, just select it or edit it aswell, you can select the objects attributes by using the normal select commands i think

Octagon
08-22-2004, 06:14 PM
I just want to deselect a selected channel, thatīs all.

Iīm aware of the many things that the hotbox command offers, but still, thereīs no way to deselect a channel it seems.

Iīm not even looking for a "clean" solution. Some dirty trick like messing with the selection in order to get rid of the selected channel would be fine to, for my purpose.

Any ideas?

Palin
08-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Same as below

Palin
08-22-2004, 08:03 PM
sorry for the double post. Had a hiccup on the net when I sent this in

Palin
08-22-2004, 08:21 PM
How is it you are selecting the given channel? Are you using a script or are you clicking in the channel box on the name? I am having a hard time trying to figure out how you are selecting the channel so that I can find the way to clear the selection.

macaroniKazoo
08-22-2004, 09:41 PM
i don't think you can select stuff in the channelBox... i'm pretty sure they're queryable only. frustrating i know.

paulwconnor
08-23-2004, 07:24 PM
I think maybe 'Octagon' means he's selected a specific channel in the channel box (eg. the translateX channel), and he wants to de-select it... is that right..?

Octagon
08-24-2004, 09:30 AM
I think maybe 'Octagon' means he's selected a specific channel in the channel box (eg. the translateX channel), and he wants to de-select it... is that right..?

Correct. :)

Octagon
08-24-2004, 09:33 AM
i'm pretty sure they're queryable only. frustrating i know.

thatīs what I thought too. I hate it when you realize maya actually has limits.

:cry:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.