PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Moranda - Animation Session 9 - Fencing

Bullseye
08-18-2004, 08:00 AM
Awesome session sheep looking forward to this. I'm definitely in.......... I've got some ideas for this, but any input or funny thoughts are much appreciated! Nothing better than someone gettin filleted in public huh?

Cheers,
Dustin

ChrisGlick
08-18-2004, 07:49 PM
two words: wardrobe malfunction

Remi
08-18-2004, 07:58 PM
How about a really big guy fighting a really small guy...yet...the small guy wins with ease:)

Edit: Oddly...almost similar to your suggestion in the boxing entry:)

titaniumdave
08-18-2004, 08:46 PM
This was my first event idea but I ended up changing my mind. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :thumbsup:

Bullseye
08-18-2004, 09:25 PM
Ryan I think you're on the right track :D Probably gonna have a really big guy showing off his talent or muscles then the little guy pokes him in the eye. Then he'll starting clutching his eye whining like a little girl and rolling around on the ground. Any suggestions?

"wardrobe malfunction" Brilliant, but I think it may require clothing to drop, then again I guess I could fake it. Gonna work hard to get some thumbs up this evening.

Cheers

SheepFactory
08-18-2004, 09:26 PM
I like the fencing idea! cant wait to see the thumbs man , good luck :D

ChrisGlick
08-19-2004, 02:15 AM
I was going to do fenceing but the idea in my head got out of hand quickly.

In fencing they wear those masks so they can see and not get stabbed in the eye. I just have the scene of a guys helmet falling apart and the other guy stabs his eye . . . then you see the eye flopping around on the tip of that guys sword. Flop flop flop. Okay I'll stop.

erilaz
08-19-2004, 02:43 AM
Tee hee hee! Can't wait for this on to get going!:D

Bullseye
08-19-2004, 07:41 AM
Ok here is the first go at thumbnailed story...........Need to get feedback on this, is the punchline good enough? Any input is greatly appreciated, as the story is definitely not set in stone. Just testing ideas out at this point.

http://myspace.csumb.edu/~dmora/Swordplay.jpg
Cheers,
Dustin

SheepFactory
08-19-2004, 07:58 AM
Thats a cool start man!

personally i'd ditch the "looks at left\right arm" slide and have the other guy drop the sword and came running to help , maybe put hand on the others shoulder , than the other one kicks his nuts out of nowhere. I also dont see the need for the last cut (the smiling face).

hope this helps

Bullseye
08-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Thanks for your input Ali, I think you are right. I guess I was just trying to build the tension in the audience. Like "man this guy is gonna do something to retaliate, and they are waiting for it." Maybe when the friend comes over to help he picks up his arm and tries to put it back on but it just falls again. After doing this once there is a little pause between them and then the leg goes back for a second and then crams the opponent in the nuts.

Any other ideas are much appreciated

erilaz
08-19-2004, 08:35 AM
Mwahahaha! Right in the groin! That's GOLD! :D

SheepFactory
08-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Maybe when the friend comes over to help he picks up his arm and tries to put it back on but it just falls again. After doing this once there is a little pause between them and then the leg goes back for a second and then crams the opponent in the nuts.

Any other ideas are much appreciated
thats way better , lol :D

Bullseye
08-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Ok just getting my scene setup, sword modelled, characters ready to rock. I've only used this generi character one other time so I am feeling it out, but man what an awesome rig and level of control on this guy. Was thinking of modeling and rigging some custom characters, but its too much time! Gotta get animating! Couldnt help it I had to do a little shot of these guys ready to duke it out. :D These poses really arent true to character from the thumbs, though I do like the blue guy saddistic for some reason. I think it contradicts the story, so I am still brainstorming on that.

Any ideas for these guys?

http://myspace.csumb.edu/~dmora/Sword_Play.jpg

Cheers,
Dustin

p.s. Thanks to Andrew Silke for use of this model and rig!

Remi
08-19-2004, 08:29 PM
That new idea rocks Dustin....looking foward to this one:)

Bullseye
08-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Thanks Ryan, I just hope I can do the animation justice. Gonna need lots of critiques!!

grury
08-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Nice one Dustin, are u still gonna fall your initial story? If so how are u gonna work out the bit when the arms fall off? guess is gonna be a bit tricky to do.
anyways, good luck, looking forward to it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.