PDA

View Full Version : UT 2004 and doom 3 importers for xsi

danydrunk
08-17-2004, 11:25 PM
Im really sad that for the first time im learning a 3d software and im improving, i discover that there are no importers for this games, what do you think are the chances for this to happen sometime soon.

HL2 is coming soon I know but as I said to a friend, hl2 came out after some 5 years of the original,(something like that). We need support from a game that comes as frequent as unreal, I would love to be able to do my stuff in xsi. What are your opinions on this? do you think theres a chance studios may consider xsi more and more? and so will see this kind of plugins for games?

GavinG
08-18-2004, 02:32 AM
Try out Milkshape, that might help you out.

Gav

titaniumdave
08-18-2004, 02:45 AM
Well doom 3 was alittle disappointing and is now uninstalled so I don't really care about modding that. UT2k4 has huge support for maya so if you want a XSI exporter for that better get to programming or hope someone else does. As for hl2 well lets see there is a free version of XSI, whats it called? Oh yeah XSI for hl2. So if you want to mod hl2 there you go. You can't really expect every company to make their games available to every 3d app. You win some you lose some.

RmachucaA
08-18-2004, 02:53 AM
I have found the .fbx exporter\importer to work wonders.. so you can model\texture in xsi and export to maya\max. It wont be always perfect.. but for what i have used it, its great...

where theres a will, theres a way.

danydrunk
08-18-2004, 03:35 AM
Well doom 3 was alittle disappointing and is now uninstalled so I don't really care about modding that. UT2k4 has huge support for maya so if you want a XSI exporter for that better get to programming or hope someone else does. As for hl2 well lets see there is a free version of XSI, whats it called? Oh yeah XSI for hl2. So if you want to mod hl2 there you go. You can't really expect every company to make their games available to every 3d app. You win some you lose some.

The gameplay-story might not be that good, but the power it gives you for graphics, is the best. so modders migt take advantage of that.

I have found the .fbx exporter\importer to work wonders.. so you can model\texture in xsi and export to maya\max. It wont be always perfect.. but for what i have used it, its great...

where can I get that?

anyway I hope that with the sudden popularity of xsi, someone will write exporters for it.

and regarding milkshape, is it good? I dont want to start using yet another software, mi brain is going to explode.......but if its good and It solves my problems then ill use it.

GavinG
08-18-2004, 03:55 AM
you can use milkshape, more or less, for importing and converting formats...i think it only costs like...50 bucks or so...you can even dl a demo

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.