PDA

View Full Version : Chris Glick - animation session 9 - Long Jump

ChrisGlick
08-17-2004, 07:11 PM
I'll begin working on this today and will hopefully have some sketches/screenies later on.

Oh yea, can the accident be . . sort of un-real . . . like someone accidentally decided to put the course on sinking sand . . . or on top of the Sarlacc's pit . . .

grury
08-17-2004, 07:36 PM
like someone accidentally decided to put the course on sinking sand . . .
LOL :scream: thats a wiked idea!

Good luck

Bullseye
08-18-2004, 07:02 AM
maybe this particular event is held a little too close to a neighboring cliff..... :D

Great stuff

ChrisGlick
08-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Hrm. Can't post attachements. How sad.

Anyways, I'm thinking:

Running
running
Jump - one leg forward, one leg tucked behind
Impact- fall forward
Stand- Look pleased with self
Stand - confused, feet are sinking
Pull at left, right leg trying to free them from the sand
Up to knees now, fall backwards
Up to waist, try to get out by pushing at sand, but hands start to sink, so pull them out.
Up to shoulders, try to stop suction by locking hands/arms in a triangle pose, fails.
Up to neck, both hands waving erratically in the air
up to eyes, eyebrows act erratically.
Over head, Arms somehow increase erratic movement
Hand dissapears.
Cut to the next long jumper looking very scared, knees shaking while coach is 'yelling' and pointing at starting line.
Fin

jamesjhunt
08-19-2004, 07:15 PM
great story man!

looking forward to seeing the animation-wip!

Velk
08-19-2004, 08:17 PM
LOL! Oh, man I can't wait to see this one. Great idea, maybe when they stand up they could do the little hands above the head "I'm the greatest" head bob thing and then realize they are sinking... Just a thought

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.