PDA

View Full Version : need feedback on particle macro

Maxim
08-17-2004, 12:08 PM
hello everybody,

i just released a particle macro under:
www.highend2d.com/shake/macros/?group=shakemacros&section=image&sort=dt_modified+desc (http://www.highend2d.com/shake/macros/?group=shakemacros&section=image&sort=dt_modified+desc)

i would be happy if you could give me your professional opinion on this, because i am a
lone shake-ranger in my company.
i know there are better particle systems out there, but i wanted to see if i could make this
thing running. i experienced some problems with refering to values of inputs while using a "inputnode.value@@time"-function (give me the value of this inputnode at this time). anyway, there is a more or less elegant workaround, so the macro should work.

it is tested with up to 2000 particles (which means shake can handle a script with over 6000 nodes, ....but did you expect anything else?), but it took about 4 minutes to render it on a dual 2,6 ghz with 2 gb ram.

try it in combination with the candy-macro from the cook folder. should give you some "liquid-like" effect as seen in the icon.

thanks for your time in advance.

florian

FKMaster
08-23-2004, 06:43 PM
nice ! i believe....
im trying to check it out, but im too busy in the moment.....i hope,
i have time the next days.....its looks cool, i think.....

FKMaster
10-21-2004, 12:20 PM
yesterday, i've played with your marco.......it works very fine:thumbsup:
here some feedback:
-more speed would be fine........a extra-opengl-windows with fast fast feedback ?!
-option for size and fade look to partcile-life
-partciletype: streak for rain etc......
keep them going !:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.