PDA

View Full Version : critique animation

Orona
08-17-2004, 07:29 AM
http://www.geocities.com/oren_adamovich/Animation/Simple_-G.mpg

wolfSage
08-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Nice animation the cuts make it a little confusing though. Is there anyway you can reduce the number of camra cuts?

JWood
08-24-2004, 10:02 PM
I think there's too much acting at the start. Keep it clean and readable as opposed to having to stuff action into every second, and the actions you do must enhance, not just be.

I agree with the comment about all the camera cuts. I think you could achieve the same result more effectively by not cutting, but having the ball go offscreen and then back onscreen, and the character move to throw hit (why doesn't he hit it?!) and then catch it with the camera never leaving him - it's about 200% harder, but would look tonnes sweeter. NIce feeling of weight and good followthrough.

I think it would look better if when he throws the ball away at the end, to have it move on a 3/4. The last pose needs work - think about getting a good readable sillouette. If you like the final pose, he could do it close to the camera, get right into the viewer's (camera's) face.

Nice treatment of the line.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.