PDA

View Full Version : DVD Question(s)

Cobra Kai
08-16-2004, 07:46 PM
Hey 'all - I have a question about the DVD's that come bundled with XSI Foundation - since I learn better by watching and mimicking, than reading it out of a book...

can anyone tell me about the overall quality of the DVD's??

do you follow along with tutorials, or do they just show the features?

are they easy to follow?

and, any other opinions you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

ma++

ghopper
08-16-2004, 07:53 PM
have a look here:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=160216

Cobra Kai
08-16-2004, 08:03 PM
thanks, ghopper - i guess i should've ran a search!

much thanks...

3DDave
08-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Softimage.com has some small pieces of these videos for download.

Cobra Kai
08-16-2004, 08:23 PM
3DDave - do you have the exact link? i can't find where i can download a sample.

thanks again,

ma++

yog
08-16-2004, 08:49 PM
do you follow along with tutorials, or do they just show the features ?A little of both, there's a 40 minute tutorial on the modelling section and where they are showing you the features it is done with simple exaples, the scene files are also inluded.

The are quite fast paced lessons, broken down into about 5-10 minte sections, so it's easy to go back over a section. They are incredibly packed with information, but I get the fealling that even though there is more than 50 hours of video they are just scratching the surface of XSI. It looks like most of the power of the program come from combining more than one simple technique to achieve a n effect as easy or as complex as you want.

3DDave
08-16-2004, 09:45 PM
http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/v4/features/

Also you can log on and go the the learning section and download tutorials.

Cobra Kai
08-16-2004, 11:02 PM
you guys are awesome... thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.