PDA

View Full Version : animation challanges coming soon?

Raptor235
02-02-2002, 08:51 PM
Hey Guys I was just thinking maybe in the future we can work in an animation challange, such as we could use our own character and have a clip from a movie that everyone animates to and then we compare and pick a winner. Just keep it in mind also starting too many challanges at once is probably not a good idea so maybe we can work it in between some other challanges.

Jean Eric
02-03-2002, 05:26 AM
Sponsorship permitting, because hosting video on the web is an expensive proposition, it may be possible very soon to host video galleries on CG Channel/CG Talk... But not now...

Raptor235
02-03-2002, 05:41 AM
Sounds good I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

redfuzz
02-03-2002, 08:01 AM
Check out the ten second club. They take a ten second audio clip and everybody posts their anims. A very supportive group...
http://www.anilusionfilms.com.au/10secondclub/index.html

g

Raptor235
02-03-2002, 08:06 PM
That's a great site thanks a lot !!!

Cab
02-03-2002, 11:00 PM
I was wundering about the fact that hosting animations is an expensive thing... I dont really know if that is a fact, but CG channel looks like it is frequented by a lot of people... So, maybe it could be possible to have someone sponsor the animation clips thing... It sure sounds like a great idea to have an animation contest as well as a modeling one. Maybe the contest could have some strick technical guidelines for the numbers of colors and compression standards... It would be easier for you guys to manage... And more often than not, restricting the resources is a good way to make people more creative.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.