PDA

View Full Version : PS Question for UV Texturing

skeen
08-14-2004, 10:58 AM
I feel like an idiot for having to ask this, but...

Ok, I have a TGA file for my UV map loaded up in PS. I want to make it so that I can have the UV wireframe overtop of what I'm doing. I know about layers, I know I can play with the transparency setting for the layer, but since it's white wires on a black BG, it affects the overall colour of what I'm currently painting on the layers underneath. I'm sure this has been asked before, and I've tried searching for similar questions, but..

Thanks

Stroker
08-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Setting the wireframe's blending mode to Screen should be fine.
Or invert and set to Multiply.
Change Opacity as needed.

In short, you answer is in blending modes. Get to know them.

Now, if the black and white aren't pure, then use and Adjustment Layer like Levels and tighten it up. Then clip (Clipping Group) the Ad-Layer to the wireframe layer.

Skjoldbroder
08-15-2004, 10:18 PM
i used to do the blending thing as well, but i do something different these days:

1. screendump the uv layout
2. threshold it to b/w
3. magic wand select the stuff that you don't want to keep in the overlay + delete it
4. do ctrl+u and colorize it to whatever color you want.
5. resize the texture to 512 or whatever size.

that way you can keep the wireframe lines free and have them be e.g. green, which i find quite useful when set to 50% opacity or whatever.

But any which way works, of course :)

Ghostscape
08-17-2004, 05:38 AM
Personally, I just have Texporter give me white on black edges, and then I set those to screen with 10-25% transparency with screen blending. Then I paint underneath starting on a 50% grey background.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.