PDA

View Full Version : XSI Foundation Try out - Can't render, got error

Nixgehtmehr
08-14-2004, 12:10 AM
Hello,

When I try to render in the XSI Foundation-Try-Out Version I got the following error Message:

"INFO: PAR 0.1 error 21017: msg send to host 0 failed"

and it doesn't render at all. What`s the reason? I loaded the programm from the XSI-site and installed it without errors. The program starts without errors and I can work with it - but not render. Please help me!

Regards
Mike

ThE_JacO
08-14-2004, 12:13 AM
you could have an antivirus or a firewall that's blocking the MRay server.
Mental ray is based on a server/client architecture even when working locally, and it has a service, normally running on port 700x, that takes care of intercepting calls to it and parse them to mental ray itself for the rendering.

anything blocking that service or that port would lock rendering in foundation (and actually lock the spm server too maybe if you were running one of the versions with a dongle).

trygve
08-14-2004, 02:07 AM
I get this with ZoneAlarm - can't even start XSI Foundation. It doesn't help turning ZoneAlarm off either, I had to uninstall it to get XSI to work and render. http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

SheepFactory
08-14-2004, 02:20 AM
Can also someone verify this:

Try rendering in the DEMO with dual processors. I get a single box. Does it activate the second processor after activating it?

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.