PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop for MAYA

foxhound
08-03-2002, 11:21 PM
Iv'e been modeling in maya for quite some time now and have some models that im ready to try and texture.I have photoshop 7 and i was just wondering what book or tutorials out there can help in my texures for photoshop? Thanks.

leigh
08-05-2002, 08:13 AM
Hmmm... texturing books....

I've heard so many mixed opinions for the few out there that do cover the aspects of actually putting together the maps...
I assume that is what you want? A book that explains how to actually paint the maps?

I know that Bill Fleming has written a couple (haven't heard very good reviews on it, though), and I've heard of a couple of others.
Perhaps it would be best to go to Amazon, and search for "digital painting" or something like that :shrug:

Regardless of what software you are using though, it's important to note that painting maps is always the same. All software usings the same principles for using image maps, so you don't need to worry about the fact that you are using Maya. It's the theory that you need to learn ;)

plug3
08-05-2002, 04:29 PM
digital texturing and painting by Owen Demers is pretty good.

flamedevil
08-14-2002, 08:02 PM
If you want more informations about this books you can go on :

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16586

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.