PDA

View Full Version : Boxx dual 3.0 fans

scadbrad
08-13-2004, 01:39 PM
I just got my Boxx dual 3.0 :buttrock: Everything is good, but I have a question. I have read several post on the subject of Boxx fan noise on dual processors. Ed even mentioned that they run below 50 dB and someone poseted this helpful link.
http://www.neoseeker.com/Hardware/faqs/kb/3,19.html

Everything is running smooth but it sounds like Im running a humidifier under my desk. I can even hear it in the other room. Its about 3 times as loud as my old computer. Probably because it has more fans. ED is that normal noise level for this machine? I just want to make sure everything is cool.

Thanks

Ed Caracappa
08-13-2004, 04:16 PM
I think you're ok. Louder than your old machine does not surprise me. The newer procs from both Intel and AMD are running over 100 watts and it takes a lot to cool them. Believe it or not, the fans on those heatsinks are as quite as we could find and they were expensive to boot! If you think there's a problem, give our tech support a call so we can verify that it's not something else.

Ed

scadbrad
08-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Thats cool. Im sure everything is fine. just making sure. I can really hear that airflow through this machine. I guess that a good thing. I should also keep my AC on 60 for superior performance. :D

Ed Caracappa
08-14-2004, 04:37 PM
brrrr....no! that would wind up costing you more than the machine did.

Ed

Ckerr812
08-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Thats cool. Im sure everything is fine. just making sure. I can really hear that airflow through this machine. I guess that a good thing. I should also keep my AC on 60 for superior performance. :D
You know I actually read on a hardware forum, someone puting their computer in those mini fridges so they could over clock it and keep it cool.....Man...Some people just have to much time on there hands :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.