PDA

View Full Version : Anchor Points

Xilica
08-03-2002, 09:17 PM
I made a new layer.
Created a circle using the Ellipse shape tool.
Changed the arrow to the direct selection tool and click on the circle.

No anchor points came up. Does anyone know why. Does anyone know how I can get these anchor points to come up? Thanks.

Malameel
08-04-2002, 06:57 AM
If I understand you correctly, you want to alter the image of a circle in Photoshop.

The archor points won't come up because it is a layer, so you need to use the transform tool, ctrl-t.

I hope I helped.

el_kyrre
08-04-2002, 11:08 AM
if you want to alter the shape of the ellipse you must go to the layers palette.
there you go to the path palette and on the lower right side click on the little circle.
the ellipse should now turn into a path. you can alter it and later go back to the path palette an click on the button to change it back...
hope it helped

Xilica
08-04-2002, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I have been struggling with this for days.

Stay Casual,

Mike

Gamoron
08-07-2002, 02:32 PM
Just don't make the selection until you are satisfied with the shape. Or if after making the selection you've done something and want to affect the shape after just right-click in windows and choose add anchor point. The original points will be displayed and you can change it or add to it. I think that'll help

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.