PDA

View Full Version : Saving Render Presets (xsi 4)

Northchild
08-13-2004, 04:23 AM
Hi all,

I may be having trouble because part of me is still approaching XSI from a max mindset. Basically, I just want to save render presets for this scene, (ie: where to put the rendered images, format, size).

If I set up render options in max, it saves them and also crops my camera viewport so that I can tell what's in frame. I see the icon for saving in XSI, but it's greyed out. I searched the forum and XSI documentation for clues as to why the option is greyed out, but wasn't able to find anything.

Screenshot of problem: http://www.northchild.com/cgtalk/capture.jpg

Thank you for reading!

JDex
08-13-2004, 04:29 AM
I've always wondered why this is unavailable as well... but the workaround I've been using is to setup a scene in the project called Default... and set up all my global things before I start working on the project (passes, render settings, layout changes, etc) then start from that scene everytime I start a new scene. Not a perfect solution, but a workable one.

ThE_JacO
08-13-2004, 05:05 AM
download JBJ tools from xsinet (or maybe check if they are in the netview in v4).
they supplement to some passes and render options lacks with a well laid out synoptic connected to some helper scripts.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.