PDA

View Full Version : license question

Obizzz
08-12-2004, 03:43 PM
I got my XSI license yesterday, still waiting for the physical copy though...

now to the question will my copy be locked to the computer in any way? Should I activate it now or wait til I get my dedicated 3d computer since I'm planning to upgrade in a few months away.

Obizzz
08-12-2004, 04:12 PM
I forgot to tell you it's the Foundation version...

crgowo
08-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Thats what i would like to know. Does it use a dongle(i think thats what its callled) so you can install on multiple machines but need the dongle to operate?

Obizzz
08-12-2004, 04:57 PM
"Hi Martin,

You'll just have to uninstall it from the "old" computer and then install it on the new computer using the same key.

Thanks
Karine"

just got this reply from tech support... for me that means I can go ahead and register my foundation now and don't have to worry about future reinstalls or anything...

Iysun
08-12-2004, 07:09 PM
Thats what i would like to know. Does it use a dongle(i think thats what its callled) so you can install on multiple machines but need the dongle to operate?

AFAIK foundation no longer uses a dongle since the proce drop, only essentials and advanced need one

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.