PDA

View Full Version : Free XSI Illuminated: Character book

titaniumdave
08-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Not sure if any of you have seen this but at mesmer you can download a free pdf version of this book. I don't know if its any good or not but hey its free.

Heres the link: http://www.mesmer.com/?loc=/public/readpublicarticle.php&qs=in%3D1118

P.S. The link to the zip file that contains the scene files doesn't seem to work for me. If you goto ftp.mesmer.com (ftp://ftp.mesmer.com), find the books directory, and then the directory for this book you can download the zip file from there.

Ziah
08-13-2004, 07:21 AM
hmmm thanx dave:thumbsup:

runejw
08-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Cool, downloading it now from the link on the page, right click and save as...

http://www.mesmer.com/?loc=/public/readpublicarticle.php&qs=in%3D1118

Discovered it today independently... so you beat me to the post...

Also quite nifty the ShortAttentionSpan promotional videos they have for their DVD courses :thumbsup:

SpeccySteve
08-23-2004, 07:29 PM
It's a very readable book.

As someone with only limited XSI experience I got a lot out of it, highly recommended.

( one weird part though, the author suggests you turn off "sticky keys", no way! Other than that, good read and you can't beat the price..)

titaniumdave
08-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Yeah I just finished reading it the other day. Its a pretty good book especially for the price. :thumbsup: I've bought alot of books over the last few months and most of them were disappointing at best, so its alittle wierd to me that one of the best was free. Some things annoy me about this book but they're minor beefs. Like the sticky key or how he wants you to set your keyboard map up but nothing serious. Anyways it is very easy to read and understand.

ndog
08-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Has anyone been able to download the sample files?

titaniumdave
08-23-2004, 08:52 PM
I couldn't download them off the website. If you goto ftp.mesmer.com (ftp://ftp.mesmer.com) and find the books directory you can get it from there.

Ollarin
08-24-2004, 05:57 AM
Cool! Thanks Dave!

*Saves to "Free stuff" collection*

VIVA LA FREEWARE! :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.