PDA

View Full Version : Surreal NT Siggraph streaming 2004 experience

greydef
08-12-2004, 11:16 AM
:eek:Man I had the weirdest experience last night. I had a look at the stream from the NT stand at Siggraph late last night (UK time) and bizarrely I saw Proton (as expected) on stage with Kiki Stockhammer & Dick Van Dyke (not to mention the Chitty Bang bang music in the background)???!!!

I'm hoping the glass of wine I was drinking wasn't spiked with a hallucinogenic drug and wondering, more seriously, if Kikiís reappearance has any significance at NT? Anyone have any insight on this or at least confirm this did happen:D?

Shame about the GITS 2 section with Tokumitu Kifune not being streamed Ė canít wait for the film to come out.:bounce:

Anyway, thanks to NT providing this service:applause:

Paul-Angelo
08-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Yes Kiki has returned and yes Dick Van Dyke was one of the guest speakers, though I havn't been able to watch the stream because it will only stream for 10 seconds before it has to rebuffer and then show a few more seconds before it freaks out again.

CourtJester
08-12-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm hoping the glass of wine I was drinking wasn't spiked with a hallucinogenic drug...
If that was it, I want to know what someone slipped into my bottle of water, because I saw it live! D.V.D. stuck around after his presentation and was available for pix and autographs afterwards. He originally had an Amiga and got into the Toaster and then LW afterwards. I think he still has his Amiga too, IIRC...

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.