PDA

View Full Version : PA Challenge - character - Equinoxx

Equinoxx
02-02-2002, 06:25 PM
gota start somewhere, so why not with a concept sketch . . .

http://home.wxs.nl/~adam0039/pa_challenge/concept_sketch.jpghttp://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/wip/post_apoc_26.jpg

fire in the hole :D

Vic3k
02-02-2002, 06:43 PM
nice, kinda similar to my idea though, or not hmm :/

Howard Day
02-02-2002, 07:15 PM
Nice. Looks like some sort of hunter, or tracker. I really dig the cylinder sticking out of that mask.

Jhonus
02-03-2002, 01:00 AM
Don't stress Vic3K.... you weren't the first to draw a fully enclosed helmet, and you won't be the last.

:)

sorry. almost forgot to comment.

It looks very cool. What kind of weapon is he going to have??

Equinoxx
02-03-2002, 05:38 AM
behold, the concept for the thing in his hand ;)
and a shot of his backside :)

started in 3d as well, but gonna keep you in suspense on that for just a while longer :P

http://home.wxs.nl/~adam0039/pa_challenge/gun.jpg

JacobB
02-03-2002, 08:53 AM
I personally think taht you should incorporate duct tape on the gun and on the characters armour, I think that would give it that post apcalyptic repair job mood, looking forward to seeing further designs:D

Equinoxx
02-03-2002, 05:46 PM
yeah that was the general Idea. the sketches are only a "general" design. more stuff will be added in the 3d model.

Totitch
02-03-2002, 09:39 PM
Vic3k:

With eyes protection and protective mask,i think that you will all have the same stuff...
P.A is boring but with this obligation to put protection everywhere,it's hard to do something original...

Thanks Lildragon.......

Dragonius
02-03-2002, 09:49 PM
no obligation... the 'restrictions' say 'should' so i'm guessing that a good reason can allow you leave stuff out

MadS
02-03-2002, 09:51 PM
I agree. Requiring a mask was a bad idea. How did the rules get so retarded? Oh well. I am still gonna participate, but I think that the guidelines leave little room for variety... but that's just how people like Dingo like it. To each his own, I guess.

cerreto
02-03-2002, 10:22 PM
Guidelines for the 2nd Challenge:

==================================================

Keep in mind you don't have to model all three subjects, just pick ONE.
==================================================

To make an image of a post-apocalyptic scene.

To elaborate further

visualise how earth and it's inhabitants will look like in a nuclear aftermath. It can either be a character, vehicle or environment.
You don't have to model all three subjects, just pick ONE.
You can use whatever application you can get your hands on as long as you are being serious [so no MS Paint pixel-pics pls ]

Challenge Focus : Modeling

Templates for subjects
==============================================
character modeling:

The character should wear a protective mask of some sort.
The character should also wear special protective clothing. (an example would be some sort of armor)
The character has to wear eyeprotection.
The character should wear a special kind of footwear.
The character has to carry a weapon. (if he/she are poor they could have a club/knife/bo, if they're high guards it could be a double barrel plasma gun have fun with it )
vehicle modeling:

The vehicle should run on an alternative fuel.
The alternative fuel tank should be visible from the outside.
The vehicle should exist of alternative materials.
(for example alternative materials can be cloth, wood, metal scraps, plastic. e.t.c, e.t.c)
For terrain vehicles they should have 6 wheels (ex a helicopter doesn't need six wheels, although that might look cool use your best judgement)
Landscape modeling:

The environment has to have buildings.
The buildings have to have special airlocks/entrypoints.
There has to be some sort of plantlife.
The effects of the apocalypse should be clearly visible on the landscape/buildings/natural life

as for ideas, think how the aftermath of a nuclear war will change clothing, housing, traveling and such.

this challenge can be either done in 3D or 2D
for the 2D, you have to sketch a front, back and 3/4th view of your "subject" Please note this doesn't apply to Landscape/environment 2d art, one view is enough

if one of these guidelines doesnt fit the character or vehicle etc they can be subsituted with a small description of why.

On a sidenote, the challenge will change a little each time , as it must. But thats what will make it different it will always be about the skill of modeling but focused on different challenges.

and last, the important thing about these challanges is fun.

Im sorry that you find the guidlines retarded !:( They are just guidlines and not rules! If you've read this youll see that at the bottom it states if something doesn't fit your character, just say why or give a lil description why you are leaving it out , also the goggles and mask dont have to be on the face! They can be around the neck , hanging from a belt etc .

Like you said some people wanted rules others want freedom I like less restriction but not everyone does! We tried to find a middle ground , and personaly i think we did the best we could to meet everyones needs, so comments like that are only deconstructive. Try and think that we have a pretty big task making something that will fit at least 100 different peoples taste ' not an easy task.

If its not perfect or you dont like it we want to know! but try to keep this about fun. Criticism is fine as long as its constructive' and please read the guidlines so its something that is really wrong instead of something missed or missunderstood . I think what you were upset about was really just a misunderstanding as the guidlines give us some kind of way to have a common subject other than chaos

Regards
Trav

MadS
02-03-2002, 10:26 PM
Wow. I didn't mean to offend. I guess "retarded" was too severe. I was just commenting on the mask requirement, but I had not read that you could explain why you don't want a feature specified in the guidelines. that's kind of like a "fine print" situation. I am horrible at reading the fine print. ;)

Peace,

MadS

p.s. Woohoo! I'm a Jedi. :D

cerreto
02-03-2002, 10:36 PM
np this is pretty much a general post as i think alot of people wont take the time to read all the guidlines (its not the most exciting ) so it helps keep the flames down and explain why it is the way it is ! so get back to work and show us some w i p s

MadS
02-03-2002, 10:44 PM
Opps, I'm sorry about your thread Equinox. Is there a way to delete my posts from this thread?

Very cool looking concept. I think he'd look pretty cool if he had an oversized weapon or something. And maybe give him a crossbow or Composite bow? Also, a tat would look sweet on his right arm. Can't wait to see the model wips! Ok, now back to work for me. ;)

BTW Cerreto, are you entering this challenge as well?

Equinoxx
02-04-2002, 12:48 AM
that's ok madS.

I just hope future dissatisfactions are going to be posted elsewhere. Anywhere even, except in threads of people who post their challenge progression.

on with show. update in a few . . .

freshness
02-04-2002, 01:41 AM
Hey love, I really like your concept,
but you knew that.
:p

Equinoxx
02-04-2002, 01:51 AM
hehe . . . thx sweety.

go offline. this is costing ya bigtime ;)

Equinoxx
02-04-2002, 04:02 AM
well, here's a lil sommin sommin for y'all to crit while I'm asleep.

it is ofcourse a w.i.p.

the thing on his shoulder is teh beginning of a cowel
lot's o stuff to do . . .

crit's away :D
and good nite

http://home.wxs.nl/~adam0039/pa_challenge/post_apoc_04.jpg

Adam Klein
02-04-2002, 04:12 AM
lookin good, I like that single respirator filter on the mask, In the sketch it looked good small, but seeing it in 3D, I'd say.........
make it bigger! It'll look more dramatic.

Adam K.

lildragon
02-04-2002, 09:03 PM
Great concept bud, and the 3D version is looking shway... can't wait to see the sheeth/scarf done ;)

Equinoxx
02-05-2002, 04:34 AM
changed the mask [seperated it] made the resperator a little bigger and made another part of the cloth around his neck . . .

next stop will probly be the rest of his body . . . jsut wanted to do this 1st to see it's potential.

http://home.wxs.nl/~adam0039/pa_challenge/post_apoc_07.jpg

crits welcome again . . .

Howard Day
02-05-2002, 01:59 PM
Well, EQ, I like. the cloth around the neck looks like it'll be really nice. If the rest of the model is as detailed as this then yowza!
Something seems off on the mask, though - can'y place exactly what. Could we see some side/back views?
Good job!

Equinoxx
02-05-2002, 02:02 PM
thx :D will upload the side tonite . . .

about the mask, I just did a quick job detaching it from the head, so yeah, it might well be that something is amiss ;)

gonna add lots more detail to it, but the next stop is the entire body after that, detailing time ;)

Howard Day
02-05-2002, 02:24 PM
waiting with my breath held... Gasp.

pabbloz
02-05-2002, 04:30 PM
good start! I will be seeing the progress. It's too mucho better now the respirator!
I think the gray part of his mask would be a grid. Texture mayb? It's soon to say.

Come on!

Martin-K-
02-06-2002, 09:08 PM
kiss kiss, hug hug, luvin comming right up

pascal_blanche
02-06-2002, 11:46 PM
looking good :D

Equinoxx
02-07-2002, 04:41 AM
started on the pants . . .

needs lot's of work still.

http://home.wxs.nl/~adam0039/pa_challenge/post_apoc_11.jpg

the pants are not smoothed btw ;)

CerberusC
02-07-2002, 04:46 AM
hey good clothes, i don't know how to meke it, can u explain some teqnique or post a low poly image of that cloth please?
thx :)

Jhonus
02-07-2002, 05:12 AM
great, he's looking really solid.

i quite liked the idea of him only having one filter(?) sticking out the side of his mask.

(or do you only have 2 filters because you are mirroring?)

Equinoxx
02-07-2002, 01:32 PM
cereberus, I promiss to post a "lowpoly" mesh of the cloth tonite.

Krugar, yeah the 2 filters are due to mirroring. didn't feel like deleting the faces. In the final image he will only have 1 liquid oxygen canister attached to his mask . . . along with several spare tanks on his belt ;)

CerberusC
02-07-2002, 02:27 PM
hey thanks man, i don't know how to make wrinkles in fabrics :P

Equinoxx
02-07-2002, 03:16 PM
hey, no prob, that's probably THE main reason of these challenges . . . the fact that people can learn from em . . . ;)

Neox
02-07-2002, 03:51 PM
who is em :confused:

:p

Equinoxx
02-09-2002, 07:32 PM
changed the goggles, added girders. still lots o work.

http://home.wxs.nl/~adam0039/pa_challenge/post_apoc_13.jpg

and a screengrab of the cloth

http://home.wxs.nl/~adam0039/pa_challenge/cloth_close_up.jpg

CerberusC
02-09-2002, 07:43 PM
Thanks men, i like the new goggles, yeah :)

Equinoxx
02-10-2002, 02:58 AM
am working on the ahnd at the moment and thought I'd share it with y'all

Need to fatten out the knuckles for sure and some other tweaks.
crit HARD this time . . . if ya see sommin, lemme know :)

http://home.wxs.nl/~adam0039/pa_challenge/hand.jpg

Dan Dixon
02-10-2002, 03:00 AM
hay EQ it coming along sweet . the cloth is a nice touch on the shoulder. like the goggles are better in the new pic and good way to brake up the cheracter with the fingers.

muckywetnoodle
02-10-2002, 03:05 AM
very nice! I like how you're modelling the wrinkles.

Joebount
02-10-2002, 03:09 AM
looking really sweet, especially the clothes ! The thumb is maybe a bit odd, but I think it suits the hand quite well :░)

Adam
02-10-2002, 11:40 AM
Agree Equinoxx. Im very happy with this challenge. Afterall it is just about having fun and improving on our skills. There is no reason someone should complain about a contest that is purely for fun.

Anyway I love your sketch it has a lot of character. It will be amazing if you manage to model in all the detail of your sketch.
I hope to see future posts.

Keep up the good work Equinoxx

AND

Keep up the great Challenges and fun CGTALK

cerreto
02-10-2002, 11:02 PM
looking good eq nothing to crit here carry on ;)

pascal_blanche
02-10-2002, 11:13 PM
really good work dude! You did a great job on the elbows and arms, nice shapes .. I`m not crazy about the overhall proportions of our guy tho( the uper body doesnt fit for now with the legs) ...but it`s just question of taste ;)

PedramK
02-11-2002, 06:39 AM
Hey, coming along really fine.
the hand with the glove and all look really good, though the tumbjoint looks a bit dislocated.

Equinoxx
02-11-2002, 02:56 PM
thx for the comments guys.

pascal : I know bout the pants. they are just placeholders ;)
thx for noticing it tho . . . one more item to add to my to-do list.

JoeBount, PedramK : yeah the thumb looks kinda weird. need to rethink that one. [and yet another time on the to-do list]

thx again guys . . .

Jhonus
02-11-2002, 03:26 PM
crits for the hand:

i think you should peg back the tendons a bit... i thinks its pretty rare that you would see tendons bulging outwards after the 3rd knuckle (in reference to the index finger). the tendons should blend into the rest of the finger just after the first knuckle.

and maybe the fingers should be a bit wider in comparison to their height.... since he's a fairly beefy man and all :)

the arm looks anatomically correct. I always have great trouble with the Brachioradialis (he says whilst feverishly looking at his anatomy book). But you seem to got all those folds and such around where the elbow, tricep, bicep and forearm meet. I hate arms.

Bye!

nibo
02-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Yo EQ!

Don't forget to put the SPEEDO logo on his goggles! :p

I agree with the other users, the thumb is a bit odd.
Keep going dude!
;)

tkay
02-13-2002, 04:45 PM
:D Yeah... and "Nicorette" onto the respirators... :D

Equinoxx
02-13-2002, 04:49 PM
hehe good to see ya here tkay :)

but no, no branding on the design. there is enough of that allready goin on in the world ;)

Facial Deluxe
02-13-2002, 09:44 PM
I'm in love with the gloves, remind me some of Jim Lees'comics. Great idea !! And the arms (for what i can see in that smaaaall pic) look promising.
Are you working part to part and then glue things together ?

Equinoxx
02-13-2002, 10:52 PM
depends on what it is, but yeah, most of the model is even made poly by poly [still have to get the hang of sub-d] :D

lucascerro
02-14-2002, 08:58 AM
Hey there. I don't know anything about 3D and sub-d, so my crits are on the anatomy (not that I'm good at anatomy either): about the thumb, I don't think that the joint is too dislocated. Maybe a little, but I think the problem is that the first joint on the thumb is too big, like there's a big ball or something under there. And the long part of the thumb is way too long (almost as long as the index finger...). Not that the thumb has to be too small, but the skin that connects the thumb to the hand makes the thumb appear smaller and larger. I agree with what Krugar said about making the fingers larger and kicking out the tendons after the first knuckle. I think that the marks of the nails under the glove should be a little evident al least at the tip of the fingers (if it's supposed to be a tight glove). The tips of the fingers should be thicker too... like rounder, instead of pointy, so the hand looks more masculine. I think that the muscles in the arm are too evident... the elbow area is a little messy (sorry), but maybe it's the perspective. One last thought: did you think about putting a gauntlet? I think it should go well with the rest of the character. And maybe some pads on the glove (and gauntlet).

Sorry if I said too much bullsh*t, but you said crit HARD. Anyways, take only what you see fit. Fantastic model, by the way!

Lucas

Equinoxx
02-15-2002, 03:59 AM
not to sure bout lots o stuff, but here's an update . . .

http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/wip/post_apoc_17.jpg

sigma
02-15-2002, 04:29 AM
Hey Equinoxx that character is coming along nicely.
Lookin real good. Can I see some other angles? The right thumb looks a bit odd from this view. :p

pixelfairy
02-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Looking very good! I like the style and the head looks cool!

I'm just not sure about the chest area. Is his tank top supposed to look like it's clinging to his pecs? 'cause if it is then maybe you could smooth out the hard edges and stick out the upper pecs a little and give him a 'man cleavage'. Other than that I think you're doing a wonderful job;)

Facial Deluxe
02-15-2002, 02:08 PM
Nice, nice but where are the previous muscled arms ?

Keep it up !

Facial.

Equinoxx
02-15-2002, 02:14 PM
Sigma, will do some work [including fixing the hands/thumbs]over the weekend and post different angles . . .

Pixelfairy, yeah the tanktop [which is actually a sort of flagjacket, you'll see that later on] is supposed to have preformed pecs. I need to smooth them out indeed, but haven't got round to that.
In the end, the form should be close to the suitsin Lost in Space.

Facial Deluxe, the muscled arm is there, but the detail is less visible due to distance to camera and a quick vRay setup. I promiss I will make sure that every single detail will be visible in the final entry . . .

thx for the comments and helping me remind some issues guys :D

Equinoxx
02-16-2002, 07:35 AM
This is the general direction I'm heading.
Gonna redo the hand [and try NOT to dislocate the thumb this time] tomorrow. and if it comes to that, some other stuff to . . .

here goes nothin . . .

http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/wip/post_apoc_19.jpg
http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/wip/post_apoc_20.jpg

oozeballz
02-16-2002, 06:30 PM
like the design.. very thight and smooth all around..

one comment .. the feet look a little short.. feet are "supposed" to be the leng of the forearm.. but they dont have to

love the way the legs are coming along..

great work man..

Joebount
02-17-2002, 02:08 AM
Very clean ! Can you show us a closeup from the boots ? (Well, especially for me, I hate boots !!! :D)

A weapon, I want a weapon !!!

dominicqwek
02-17-2002, 03:07 AM
Hey! Nice model, coming along pretty nicely. I love it how u pay attention to small details like the stitching along his pants. Its this tinsy weeny things that are needed sometimes.

Give me some more ! :D

I've modeled some stuff too, a female character, do comment and tell me how crappy or whether it deserves a negative rating. HAHAAHA! going a bit nutz with all these models on WIP.

Comment dom's WIP, Thanks!! (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2405)

Equinoxx
02-18-2002, 05:00 AM
added some more stuff . . . need to step on it . . . lot's to do, no time . . . the pain, the agony . . . AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH

http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/wip/post_apoc_23.jpg

l_farley13_l
02-18-2002, 10:35 AM
Nice stuff. So he is a rock climber ! On the pants maybe slightly sharper creases ? Well depending upon the material, you did a good job on the "socks" so who knows (I don't know) Much better on the thumb I think the knuckles are a tad large. And some detail on the mask(vents?).
Are you planing on anything for just one side of his body, kinda to unsymetrize (sp?) him :D

Know what you mean about he time too :rolleyes:

See you,

Farley13

Leydecker
02-18-2002, 02:12 PM
Hi Yves,

can you post another closeup of the hands ?

I really like the shape of the knuckles and the style
of the gloves - show me more :-)

Tim

Dan Dixon
02-18-2002, 02:34 PM
coming along good EQ. not much to coment on it looks very clean but you are right not much time left .I'm wondering if I'll get mine done even. Keep it up

Equinoxx
02-18-2002, 02:51 PM
Tim, here's a close-up of the hand before I fixed the dislocated thumb.
I posted this one before, so to prevent double imageposting I'll just provide you with a link ;)

Hand Close-up (http://home.wxs.nl/~adam0039/pa_challenge/hand.jpg)

Dan, step on it my friend, you KNOW you want to finish it ;)

Joe Bount, a weapon will be modeled when the character is done . . patience is a virtue :D

Farley, no he's not a rockclimber . . . he is a sniper. and since there's a lot of wasteland, he needs a grappling hook to reach those highplaces that provide him with an excellent field of view for sniping :D have to think about de-symmetrizing him . . .

ooze, the feet are not short, that's just the camera angle that makes em look that short ;)

yahll
02-18-2002, 03:15 PM
Sniper..cool
I was planning to do a sniper long time ago and I found a good resource of information at http://www.sniperworld.com/
so if you run out of ideas maybe it helps

There is some really cool stuff there. Like this
http://www.shadow-design-group.net/AN_PVS-7.jpg

lildragon
02-18-2002, 04:52 PM
keep it going bud, I'm really digging this character, can't wait to see the gear you add :)

CerberusC
02-18-2002, 06:29 PM
hey i love it men, but what about the old cloth tha was in his shoulder? hehe i want to see his weapon, i'm a sniper lover hehe

nibo
02-19-2002, 06:03 PM
Keep going, keep going! :cool:

Equinoxx
02-19-2002, 06:17 PM
hehe thx nibo ;)

I am currently modeling the snipergun, dunno if that'll be finished soon, but even if it's not, and update on the mesh is due tonight :)

Danko
02-19-2002, 06:54 PM
I personally love those arms and that thumb is looking much more better now! :) . I think he has a very smart general appearance, quite athletic. By the way, there ís something I'm not sure of at the top of the leg, near the joint with the pelvis, maybe at the outside of the thigh where he is carring the small box. But don't know if it's just me so don't care... Good work! :)

Equinoxx
02-20-2002, 04:42 AM
I promissed a gun, lo and behold :D

also added some stuff to the character too :D

crits & comments welcome ofcourse. keep in mind tho that non of it all is finished [meaning it's wip ;)]

http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/wip/post_apoc_26.jpg

http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/wip/sniper_rifle.jpg

Tennis
02-20-2002, 04:51 AM
he's looking good, real good.
i also like the sniperrifle.
keep it up.

pixelfairy
02-20-2002, 05:24 AM
Hi Equinoxx! Very nice work!

The only thing I can see that needs work is the rope. It seems to be clinging to the rib area just a wee bit.

I like the new stuff you added on. Will you be putting anything on his left side of the body? It's just looking a little unbalanced( maybe just to me).

Keep it the good work!;)

AJ
02-20-2002, 05:31 AM
Coming along Qui! ;)

Details make him look a lot more styled..

only thing that's buggin me (slightly) - is the tell-tale "Poly Extruded" details. Just the holes in the shoulder pad/shin pad are quite stretched and smack of the typical "poly hole"/Sub-D result... same with the 'pads' round the legs - very nice touch, but again - you can see the poly/smoothing effect of the faces underneath (if you know what I mean ;) ). Just niggles - and a little refinement in these areas would define them a lot more and make them really look cool :D

More you crazy Dutchman!

nibo
02-20-2002, 01:48 PM
look'n good!
A snipergun....what did you expect from Mister Sniper himself?...
Maybe make the scope a bit bigger and more hightech, this looks like an ordinary sniperrifle. (like in MOHAA) :D
Just make it psycodellic! -Klik klik-

Totitch
02-21-2002, 05:25 PM
Very clean stuff!

Details are wonderfull!
He looks better and better

On thing to critic: the strap of glasses are strange...(positions on the head)...Just put it a little more down...
(Bouhhh I'm soo bad in English.Is it possible that you understand what I try to explain!!! :( )

All the rest is very nice! :D

Equinoxx
02-21-2002, 05:34 PM
hey dun worry bout your englsih man. it's excellent. I sure did understand what you meant and I agree, the strap of the goggles should be lowerd a little . . . IF i'm gonna keep the design like this. But I won't, I still have some surprises up my sleeves ;)

pabbloz
02-21-2002, 05:53 PM
yes... I think he needs something in the left part too.
Anyway. Great job and very different from others.
Only I would like his weapon was more "futuristic", you know? I like very much the details as the ropes, belts, holes...

What about a shield? Could be a original idea I think :)

Finally... I would change the light green for other color.... Although if you put glow in that color or self-illumination or something similar could be good too!. just try :)

P.S.:
Equi-noxx Equi-noxx Equi-noxx Equi-noxx

:D :D :D

Equinoxx
02-21-2002, 05:58 PM
yeah the sniper rfle is definately gonna change for the better [I hope] and the green "tanks" are liquid o2 tanks and I will change them eventually . . .

I have allready got sommin planned for the left side and some other stuff as well . . .

thx for the crits. very usefull :D

Equinoxx
02-22-2002, 03:46 AM
whooohooo more power . . . higher velocity . . .

http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/wip/sniper_rifle_2.jpg

lildragon
02-22-2002, 04:01 AM
oh my. I'm loving the details on the scope and barrels, very nice design, it still needs something more tho, not to sure, maybe you can make the barrel a bit longer, and the scope maybe to close to the main barrel to make an accurate shot since the site and the silencer might be in the way, but then again I'm no gun expert :) keep it coming friend

cheers

Equinoxx
02-22-2002, 04:39 PM
yeah your right about the scope. it needs to be a little higher and perhaps even more towards the back even
the barrel is pretty long as is, so it must be the angle of rendering that is deceving ;)

as for something more, true again . . . weekend is coming so . . . ;)

Martin-K-
02-22-2002, 04:57 PM
like the gun. but something bout the silencer doesnt seem right. that or maybe the length of the rifle should be longer ( same with the silencer. and then maybe some little details? ( like creases/ and areas to show that its made of seferal parts. ( sorry if explaination sux. but im tired )

rickycox
02-22-2002, 08:39 PM
Nice stuff, sorry I haven't read anyone elses comments, but I wanted to ask are you using some kind of toon shader??

maya_death
02-23-2002, 05:07 PM
hi nise work I haven't read anyone elses comments
iam new .which software you using ? this is my home page
http://www.geocities.com/maya_death
i will be back
:Dhttp://www.geocities.com/maya_death/final_a3/3dposter13/IMAG0000.JPG

CerberusC
02-28-2002, 05:16 AM
hey, i love sniper style, i want to see him in a giood pose, sniping some creature hehehehe

nibo
03-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Yo what is what up to?

We want a update of the P.A.C!
:o ZZZZZZZzz...

;)

Equinoxx
03-01-2002, 05:53 PM
yeah I know, I'm trying to rig tha basterd, but since it's my 1st time, it's slow. gonna do some stuff tonite, so hopefully there'll be a new update soon :D

Danko
03-01-2002, 06:01 PM
We want to see him posing right now! :p
Good luck with the rigging!

nibo
03-01-2002, 06:09 PM
http://members.tripodnet.nl/nibo/post_apoc_gangor.jpg

DON'T LET ME SLIP AWAY!!!!

Equinoxx
03-01-2002, 06:10 PM
you phreak LOL

Equinoxx
03-02-2002, 05:13 AM
it's about time I updated . . . this is more or less the final image. If there's still time, I might tweak some things, and make real rocks . . . cause the current one is only a fast ref block . . .

who knows, we'll see . . .

http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/wip/pa_semifinal.jpg

Totitch
03-02-2002, 07:27 AM
Really great changes on your character!
He is really better now with his new original glasses!

It change all the global shape of his head!
Just 2 critics: The straps of main glasses look again strange...(Just move them more down)...
And the way he hold his weapon is not natural,or maybe not enough like a man(With all the fingers...Very hard to explain in English,sorry! :( ).Just close all the hand,in my opinion!

It's a very good character!
Your stuff looks so clean!

Congratulation! :)

nibo
03-04-2002, 01:46 PM
Lookn' good Equinoxx!

Nice goggles! Please get rid of the blue edge on his arm...
I think the overall picture would look even better with only two materials. Skip the texture of the rope and rifle and goggles etc.
And PLEASE give put a descent rock under his feet!! He deserves it!
Don't waste him, like you did with Gangor!! GRRRRR :mad:

;)

Capt Lightwave
03-04-2002, 01:54 PM
Damn cool, Equinoxx!

Looks like...um...something I've never seen before, but friendly. :)

Keep up the good work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.