PDA

View Full Version : YASU - Yet Another Softimage User...

runejw
08-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Just clicked the "order" button in the online store after having first downloaded and checked out some of the samples (particles mercury, vein displacement etc).

XSI Foundation is looking so good, I gamble that this must be one of the best buys _ever_ around. Mentalray renderings with GI/Final Gathering are in my opinion one of the very best around.

Before XSI Foundation I was thinking maybe Lightwave if prices dropped... maybe Cinema 4D XL if prices dropped... etc, etc. But this Foundation version was a most welcome and "Non Linear" approach by Softimage.

Got serial sent via email just after the order was entered - so I guess that's why I'm still up at 2 A.M. :D

First rendering of imported Poser obj model (old ver) also done - just as a test (http://home.online.no/~ru-j-wi/softimage.cfm?FuseAction=Album&pAction=PicDet&pAPICID=77)

Now there'll just be the wait for the shipped box with tutorial DVD's to really dig into this app.

Quality has finally become affordable!

Cheers,
Rune

Iysun
08-12-2004, 07:02 PM
wecome ot the club, and enjoy your new XSI addiction :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.