PDA

View Full Version : Batch Rendering and IK -- Problems

Akkalis
08-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Okay, this is wierd. I'm sure everyone has seen the wierd issue in Maya 5+ where IK solutions don't always calculate, if you say, scrub the timeline. Okay, fine, that sucks, but such is life, and it plays back just fine in hardware.

The the is however, when I render it out in software via the batch render, sometimes my IK handles fail to update properly, and thus, things like my feet go funny in certain rendered frames where they are required to basiaclly stick. They stay in place, but, funny. IE, toes point up and heel juts down instead of staying flat as the knee bends, stuff like that.

I'm wondering if this is a rig *bites knuckle and screams* issue or something to do with the way batch renderer works.

If someone has a solution, or even a guess at this point I'd be happy to hear it.

Thanks.

mrgoodbyte
08-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Bake your IK handle(s) before rendering. Select your handles Edit -> Keys -> Bake Simulation. Make sure you bake the translations and delete the IK handles after baking.

Akkalis
08-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Any suggestions for say a referanced character where it won't let me do that?

Do I have to go through importing the referance and doing all the ill tempered funness that comes along with that?

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.