PDA

View Full Version : newbie qustions (xx)

preludian
08-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Hi,

can someone explain me the best way to push the LW models into XSI and back. I work with Bodypaint 2 also but Maxon hasn't got a plugin for softimage, so it would be great to have a way to preserve the uv's form LW/Bodypaint to XSI.

Second question, is there any commercial hair plugin besides buying the Advanced version, one wich works with the Foundation version?? The muhHAir shader needs the XSI Hair plugin :sad: or is there a way to easily paint mesh hairs??

thx

JDex
08-11-2004, 09:55 PM
LW<------->XSI

.obj, .fbx (plugin (http://www.kaydara.com/downloads/other/index.php)), or .xsi (plugin (http://www.ef9.com/ef9/Files/XSISaver.zip)).

Hair

Not at this time... gotta upgrade to get hair.

chesterjoe
08-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Not the best fur around but you can use the 2d_fur output shader. It can help in some cases and it should work with Foundation. It just gives you small hair, grass and fur capabilities, since it is a "post" effect sometimes you get strange results if your camera goes around objects so more a "still cam" or "slight pan moves cam" kind of effect. But since you don't have acces to Advanced, it is better than nothing :)

To see it's effect wait 'til the preview renders your object and then calculates the post effect. It is kind of alow for a 2d post effect but it can do the job in some cases. try it first in a sphere so you don't have to wait to long to see if it will work for your needs.You can change colors ( ambient diffuse specular), gravity, length, etc. But as I said, just a 2d post effect so not good enough for some cases.

Hope this helps...

preludian
08-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Thank you guys, didn't think it would be so easy to combine both programs, sweet!
Maybe a better hair plugin will arise when the Sofrtimage community will grow, until then I'll try the fur shader or (for grass) still do it in LW with meshes and export them into XSI or do a hair pass with saslite or even sasfull in LW.

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.