PDA

View Full Version : XSI Illuminated: character

acidboy
08-03-2002, 08:55 AM
Hi guys :wavey:

Just wondering if anyone has got hold of Mesmer's new book - XSI Illuminated : character.

Just wanting to know what it's like, and if it's worth buying?

I'm hoping it has more then just how to use XSI's tools, and discusses a number of advanced character modeling\rigging\animation techniques........n stuff ;)

Atyss
08-03-2002, 03:43 PM
Hi acidboy!

Someone already commented on this book here:
http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9505

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

Kananga
08-04-2002, 06:01 AM
Typical, Amazon informs me my copy has shipped, and then I read a bad review of the book!!:rolleyes: Next time, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like.

Anyway, it does sound more like a user guide than a bunch of in-depth tutorials, which is what I had assumed it would be. Im sure it will come in handy at some stage.

acidboy
08-04-2002, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the link Atyss :)

Ya helped out as usual bud:thumbsup:

Yeah farquar I'm contemplating on getting it or not. But even if it's more of a user guide and tips book, it might be handy.

As if it has many tips on how I can further my character rigging\animation techniques it's worth me getting.

But being the impatient thing I am, I might just get the damn book and not wait around for any indepth reviews :rolleyes:

bdemong
10-18-2002, 11:15 PM
That's the first negative review I've seen... but it starts out "I just received this book today and..." I don't think that's quite fair :)

Kananga
10-19-2002, 03:12 AM
Well, I've had the book for a while now, and havent got into it in any depth as yet, but it looks very comprehensive and useful for learning XSI animation, and modeling which is cool.

Its a good buy:thumbsup:

Ezz
10-19-2002, 09:48 AM
Hi there.... I think the Mesmer book is great.

"Word Up" !!!!:thumbsup:

Ezz

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.