02-02-2002, 04:49 PM
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2ttzy/chortest3b.mov

have a look and comment on what needs improvement

you'll need the VP3 plugin from On2.com

http://www.on2.com/vp3_downloads.php3

Thanks.

SPruss
02-02-2002, 05:15 PM
I think you should push everything much further! make him move more! Everything is very subtle, In my opinion to subtle for such a long piece!
Look at the old classic WB and Tom & Jerry cartoons, there are a several shorts involving opera singing, and it's actually very alive!
I like the model! He reminds me of one of the monsters in "where the wild things are"

shadow
02-02-2002, 05:48 PM
Very nice.

But in my opinion the character doesn't sing from his heart. It needs more bodylanguage.
Around 01:17:00 there is the climax of the song. You lifted his head a little, but that's not enough.

I don't know the background of this song, but the song sounds like a lovestory that miserably failed. It's like this man has got to sing the blues. But beacuse the blues isn't invented yet, the only thing he can do is sing this operasong.

Imagine yourself standing there and sing this song. you'll find out that you have to do alot more with your body.

I'm not that good at english, but I hope you understand what I meant.

Taoizm
02-02-2002, 08:22 PM
Ditto with all the above. He seems almost dead standing there. find the key points in the song (breaths, etc...) and emphasize them to make more of an impact. Try moving the head around a bit more, and give his arms more of a flourish. Basically make everything bigger. Great start, and the lip synch is really pretty well done.

ErickG
02-03-2002, 12:17 PM
Nice model. Reminds me of "where the wild things are". I too think the animation is way underplayed. Pump up the expression and get some different poses happening. That should do the trick. Do you have him textured yet?

-Erick

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.