other white background object in it. I bring in a new camera and it still does
the same thing. I check both region and render option, and I couldn't find
the problem.

Can anyone tell me how to turn the background back to black again? :shrug:

Thank you~!

file:///F:/hsuanfu/AIC/MOUTHI/Render_Pictures/Region.jpg

Atyss
08-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Maybe there is a _2d_background_color shader on the pass?

Btw you can't put a local file on the internet. It has to be on a website.

Cheers
Bernard

hsuanfu
08-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Bingo~! it was the 2D background shader. Thanks a lot!!

Btw, where can i bring out the 2D background shader?

Atyss
08-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Sorry, maybe I'm used enought to English, but what do you mean by "bring out"?

Thanks
Bernard

StephanD
08-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Probably he means 'Accessing it'.

I never used a 2d bg shader but it's probably found in the 'Scene' hierarchy or one of the Render/Modify menu.

zen jehad
08-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Bingo~! it was the 2D background shader. Thanks a lot!!

Btw, where can i bring out the 2D background shader? I think I know what you mean. Open up the explorer, show passes, then open up the property page for your current pass (the one with the bg shader), then go to output shaders and it should be in there.

Ablefish
08-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Also, on the Render menubar, Pass->Edit->Current Pass. That'll get you to your output, volume and lens shaders for the pass.

zen jehad
08-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Also, on the Render menubar, Pass->Edit->Current Pass. That'll get you to your output, volume and lens shaders for the pass.

Even better. I always was one for taking the longest route to anything, lol.

chesterjoe
08-11-2004, 07:51 PM
That bring out might mean delete?? if so well just as any other camera, volume,environment or output shader just go to its tab ( as abblefish said: pass/edit/current pass/output shaders) and press delete, otherwise use inspect to change it.

hsuanfu
08-12-2004, 04:32 AM
Please excuse my broken English T__T; I didn't know that my saying "bring out," it actually caused so much confusion. I deleted the 2d bg shader in the scene that i got from others, but then i wanted to bring it back again and i didn't know where to find it. So, that "bring out" actually meant where to get the 2d bg shader back. Is there a proper way of saying it?
Anyway, thanks for all the info and help from everyone. Very appreciated :)

chesterjoe
08-12-2004, 06:22 PM
to get a 2d_background shader do the following: Pass/edit/current pass that gets you in the current pass options in there you have several tabs: environment, output, volume, those are different types of shader options, go to output ( since 2d_background is an output shader) click on ADD and select from the list 2d_background_color afetr you have the shader assigned click on inspect so you can edit it. This workflow is identical for adding environment, volume shaders for your passes and lens shaders to your cams.

Hope this helps...

EDIT: I did'nt read carefully I think you allready figured it out by yourself ....

Ablefish
08-12-2004, 06:25 PM
In the Render menubar, do a Pass->Edit->Current Pass.
Click on the Output Shaders Tab.
Click on Add.
This will pop open a browser point to the XSI Presets\Shaders\Output folder. Just select the 2d_background_color preset and press ok.
Back in the default pass property page you can just select the new 2d_background output shader on the stack and hit the inspect button to adjust.

There ya go.

EDIT: Too slow! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.